Main Menu

Recent posts

Suggestions & Ideas / Re: OOC Differentiation for in...
Last post by probot - Aug 05, 2024, 04:40 AM
Grey is default for whispers so that would likely lead to at least some minor confusion down the line which is better avoided. Cyan I think would stand out too much unless it's quite a faded, pastel shade, which I think is the overall answer here. Personally I envision some light pink color but anything that straddles the line of soft enough to blend in without losing readability would suffice.
Last post by morena - Aug 04, 2024, 04:27 PM
Maybe gray so it blends into the background more compared to IC conversation?
Last post by Terallis - Aug 04, 2024, 02:32 PM
Quote from: SpacePope on Aug 04, 2024, 10:42 AMIf it was to be done, what color?

Light Blue, Cyan, Turqoise? Just to name a few ideas. Interestingly, along this same line, I remember a few servers that also did something where you could choose your method of emoting, and it would detect that, making EMOTES a different colour from what was spoken. In fact, I actually feel like that could be an even greater idea than colour changing the OOC talk. Or just both!
Last post by probot - Aug 04, 2024, 12:18 PM
That's a more difficult question. It should be something not taken up by the game's setting by default, and not particularly contrasting like the green of tells is. Readable, but unobtrusive.
Last post by SpacePope - Aug 04, 2024, 10:42 AM
If it was to be done, what color?
Last post by probot - Aug 04, 2024, 05:50 AM
Making the usual signifiers of ooc // and (( produce a different colored text makes sense to me. It helps separate it at a glance which is not much, but sometimes I'd really rather not skim through prolonged tangents or back and forths to not miss on actual ic text. +1
Last post by platinum01 - Aug 04, 2024, 05:40 AM
You can change the color yourself with the right characters. Some change the hue of their text when performing songs. I prefer the OOC to be unobtrusive so it doesn't disrupt role play for everyone and only indicates for those with whom you role play. That seems considerate; but that's just me.
Off Topic / Re: Absence from game
Last post by cay - Aug 03, 2024, 06:46 PM
Ah feck. Take good care and hopefully see you again soon.
Off Topic / Re: Absence from game
Last post by onivel - Aug 03, 2024, 05:13 PM
That sucks... good luck in getting your items replaced. We hope to see you when you can return.
Last post by Terallis - Aug 03, 2024, 04:07 PM
I'd love this, personally. Seen it done on a couple other servers, as well.