Main Menu

Recent posts

Updates and Roadmap / Re: CD Module Changelog v2
Last post by SpacePope - Aug 27, 2024, 03:10 PM
CD Module v4.11f6
- NEW: Badger Gryzzly, famed not-so-famed suvivalist and adventurer, has arrived in Cormyr to sell his renowned Wilderness Gear!  He is currently set up north of Waymoot in the King's Forest. (Ray)
  • The merchant sells items that can create placeables in the world!
  • Now you can set up your own campsite in the wild.
  • Please use reponsibly.  You are not to use these in dungeons, cities, inside buildings, etc.  Please do not abuse this.
  • Please clean up after yourselves.  The Multi Tool and the same item can be used to destroy the placeable on the ground (ie use the bedroll item to destroy a - bedroll on the ground by clicking on it).  The placeables will self-destroy after 4 hours real time.

- Eye of the Storm dungeon update (Lady)
- Bullywug dungeon update (Lady)
- Added the PC archiver to the AFK room
- Yulash's goblin boss respawn timer adjusted
- Hullack's goblin boss respawn timer adjusted
- Cormanthor's Ossuary Guardian has had a lock added to his door to prevent him wandering around so much
- The horse summon items now summon the correct color horses and barding.  "Decorative" barding now uses the red barding.  The Cormyrean Warhorses summon the proper - color horses as well, and use the purple barding. (Ray)
- The fountain in Yulash no longer smells bad, and as a result, no longer has a complex. Hooray! (Ray)
- Player housing has been added (Dan)

Scripts
- Fix to the chat color system so that DMs can still hear PCs
- Fixed barbarian rage bugs introduced with the cooldown system backend rework
- Fixed Knight Errant's War Cry refresh timer not working
- Fixed the DM combat log toggle command so it works with the other DM tools
- Dispel rolls won't be hidden by the DM combat log toggle command anymore
- Disabled automatic battlecries on abilities used by NPCs
- Zakhara origin region now correctly gives Midani language
Ask the Staff Anything / possible new shield design
Last post by sirkillalot - Aug 21, 2024, 01:14 PM
I am currently playing a paladin character, on his way to become a champion for Bahamut. I always like to match my appearance accordingly, but somehow the shield designs don't 'do it' for me.

Would it be possible to add a new shield design matching the holy symbol of Bahamut? I found a picture of one, in the shape of a shield. In my mind it wouldn't be too much of an adjustment for those who handle these things in the game to fit in one of the existing shield shapes.

Below is what I picture it to be. Would be so awesome if made possible :)
Player Announcements / Re: Blackheart Update - 2024
Last post by Blackheart - Aug 12, 2024, 07:14 PM
Blackheart Update - 2024 - Part 3

Hello!

I'm back from a much needed vacation. Certainly feeling a lot less stressed, and now some of the dust has settled around my life situation.

Keeping it brief - I'm still going to be very busy, though not as busy as I thought. But I will be preparing to move overseas within the next year or so.

What does that mean?

I still can't run the server plot I wanted - but I can still run other stuff.

I have plans - fun plans! Some plans will be for big groups (Storyteller, Beach Episode, Elf Christmas, and more) and some will be for small groups (The Muse, some personal plots I promised to run, and more).

In fact, there's a project that I've been looking forward to running - one that's actually be in the works for almost 2 years now! And as a show of good faith, I'll reveal some details about it and what the status of its development is!

It's name is... Necropolis (Working Title).

It's a plot that will feature a rather special location in Faerun that is a city-sized burial ground for the dead from a civilization that has been gone for a very long time. Many mysteries lurk within its depths... As do many enemies.

Some PCs have already received a brief experience of this place... many of whom are still around. Those that are can tell you just how dangerous it will be to unravel the riddles held within and to fulfill the quest!

The plot will be heavy elven themed,  but not elven exclusive. However, I will not take evil aligned PCs, or anyone that's not in good standing with the elves. Part of it is IC reasons, and part of it is OOC convenience given what I need the dynamic of the group at large to be like. Also, due to some environmental effects, dragon-blooded PCs (Half Dragons, Dragon Disciples, Spellscales, etc) will not be able to participate.

I'll take a few parties, and will even have a bit of help. This Necropolis is pretty big - we've already got about 40 new areas built for it, and will need another 20-30 more to call the project fully complete! It's had spurts of activity in development over the years, though what we're really waiting for is Evereska to be done, as the outcome of that plot will heavily impact the start of this one!

Faction involvement will also be taken into consideration. Some factions will be quite interested - and some may be less so, and that's totally ok! I have heard some rumblings of a lot of other projects on the horizon beyond just my own. :)

The plan is to finish up the area building after Evereska is done, and to give the server a few months of cooldown before doing something elf-related again. The best guess I can give is that this plot will start sometime at the beginning of 2025!

I've done a ton of research for it, and have some great ideas and a lot of awesome builder help - and I will put out a call for even more!

It's not quite the server plot I'd hoped to run, but I think that this will still be a memorable experience for those that are able to participate. More information will come in the future!

Thanks again to everyone who has been patient and kind to me. I look forward to doing what I can to keep DMing and providing fun for everyone!

- Blackheart
Updates and Roadmap / Re: CD Module Changelog v2
Last post by SpacePope - Aug 12, 2024, 09:39 AM
CD Module v4.11f5
- Updated T3-T4 Drow Treehouse dungeon (AliceOfTheVoid)
- Fixed bugged respawn in the T4 pirate dungeon
- T6 Croaking Swamp dungeon updated and linked to the module (Lady)
- T6 Eye of the Storm cultists dungeon added for testing (Lady)
- NEW: The Unicorn and Crescent Inn is open in Evereska Southeast (Thanks Pretzel!)
- Gave the Pit Fiend Gate summon the right AI scripts
- Noxis Lance T4 spear typo fix
- Green Knight added to use limitation of the Hornblade scimitar sold in Mielikki's shrine
- Fixed certain monsters having the wrong version of Hellball and/or Greater Ruin. Expect them to now pierce higher level of SR.
- Nexalan language is now automatically granted to characters selecting a Maztican origin.
- Both tiers of the Ruby Greatsword of Hellfire now do some hellfire damage
- The Zhent in the Cloven Shield is no longer in her underwear after many complaints.  Tavern profits are now down 50%.

Scripts
- Reworked the feat cooldown system to make it more robust: it shouldn't be possible to provoke multiple cooldown timers from one use of a feat anymore
- Fixed bugged damage value in the Breath of Fire script
- Fixed bugged damage value in the Mordenkainen's Force Missile script
- Fixed Ray of Frost being wrongly set as Conjuration
- Storm of Vengeance damage redistributed to 3d6 acid / 3d6 electrical
- Added blackguard and assassin to item use limitations on crafted wands that use spells on their class list
- Tweaks to the monster spell damage scaling function
- Added "Default" to the quest chat color selection menu
- Cantrips cast at a higher level through metamagic aren't infinite anymore
- 9 new VFX player accessories added
- Heartwarder's Fey Transormation now provides the correct spell immunities
- Kurtulmak's favored weapon is now correctly set as Spear (either long or short)
- Added a way for DMs to give Epic Reputation Feat to PCs, check the hak changelog for details
- Sticky Bombs are now an official Boss Ability available for DMs/Builders to use.

Emotes and OOC color formatting
Dialogue will now automatically be formatted to distinguish emotes and OOC talk from character speech. By default, text in between asterisks *like this* will be considered an emote, and text following a double slash // or double parentheses (()) will be considered OOC.

- This can be toggled OFF in /settings
- An alternate way to emote can be found in /settings: "Speaks like this" and emotes like this
- I repeat: this can be toggled off in /settings if you dislike it!
Updates and Roadmap / Re: CD Hak Changelog
Last post by SpacePope - Aug 12, 2024, 09:38 AM
CD4 Hak Update v4.03b5
.2da
- Scribe Scroll, Brew Potion, and Craft Wand added to Blackguard and Assassin feat list
- 292 new placeables from The Witcher added to placeables.2da (Terallis)
- Doomguide Bonus Feat list expanded (Vince)

Epic Reputation feat change
- Epic Reputation has been reclassified as a point of staff recognition. PCs noted by staff to have significantly impacted the server may be nominated by staff for admin review and awarded the feat.
- PCs who currently have this feat need to relevel out of it, as it cannot be picked up on a level up anymore.

.tlk
- Updated description of cleric domains with the correct spells
- Updated description of Storm of Vengeance

.hak
- 292 new placeables from The Witcher added to placeables.hak
- 9 new VFX player accessories added (Nibbles & Mibs)
- Fixed tiefling tail models being identical and being set to the wrong parent file, causing visual errors: low version is the current lower height tail, while the new one replaces the (currently identical) normal tail
- Fixed bugged human female left arm #190 outfit appearance
- Fixed bugged human female robe #034 appearance
- Fixed bugged human male and female cloak #109 and 110
- Added new male torso model #088 for all races (Nibbles)
- Added new bicep, chest, and robe model #097 for every race and gender
- Added new male and female vampire creature models
- Added 8 new plant creature appearances
Suggestions & Ideas / Re: OOC Differentiation for in...
Last post by SpacePope - Aug 06, 2024, 03:59 PM
Absent any last-minute error, emotes and OOC text will now be colourized when the next update hits.

There will be a toggle in /settings to disable seeing it, and a choice between two options:
  • *emotes like this* Speaks like this
  • Emotes like this "speaks like this"

OOC will be ((any text in between double parentheses)) or text following a double slash //
Simple parentheses won't be formatted as there's too much variety in how they're used.
Last post by aliceofthevoid - Aug 06, 2024, 08:23 AM
Quote from: lackofimagination on Aug 05, 2024, 08:15 PMI just wonder if this wouldn't be more efficient as some "outside mod", rather than risk it being something script dependent that *might* eat up some amount (big or small) of server resources (CPU, brandwidth, whatever)?

Regarding this, I could be wrong but I don't know of anyway to add an override to change text colors specifically like that. As a script server side, I wouldn't think it would take up any more than the Language system already does.

That said, I do like the idea you and others mentioned to make it a toggle that can be picked player side.
Last post by unknown - Aug 05, 2024, 09:09 PM
This is a change I would very much support.

When implemented correctly, it's not at all immersion breaking. Honestly I've had the complete opposite experience. Seeing a message pop up in chat in a different color that is distinctly for OOC makes finding what I actually need to read significantly easier. It's especially a God-sent in public settings with groups having multiple conversations of their own. "Oh, grey message from John Doe? I can ignore that." And then I do. It's that easy.

I think something like this is nice. It's dull enough that it doesn't really draw attention, but it's distinct enough against white to not be mistaken for a normal message.
Last post by Terallis - Aug 05, 2024, 08:59 PM
I still do think this is a great idea, whether it even can be toggled or not. Especially in a case for what some servers do with colour-coding emotes. I know servers like Amia, for instance, that would let you set your method of emoting. Be it asterisks or reversal with quotes. Then through that, it would give a light blue colour to the emote portions while leaving the spoken text normal. Always loved that system. But the same had a different colour (I think it was like... orange?) for when it detected (( or //. Tried and true method to better be able to differentiate things at a glance. It's true that certain colours draw attention to themselves, but that's also kind of the point of it.
Ideally, we'd have a chat system allowing us to define our own personal custom colors for normal IC chat, OOC chat, Quest chat, DM shouts and emotes.
Those who are more comfortable recognising the // or ( ) or whatever shapes would be able to keep everything the same color, those who differenciate better through colors would be able to have their chat looks like a psychedelic rainbow mess, and everyone else could pick what they want to use, however they want to use it.

I just wonder if this wouldn't be more efficient as some "outside mod", rather than risk it being something script dependent that *might* eat up some amount (big or small) of server resources (CPU, brandwidth, whatever)?

I think the idea is great, I would use it and love it, but I also agree with Platinum that it shouldn't be imposed on those who don't want it, so it would need to have a toggle.
As far as which color, I'd say "make it selectable by players", each might have their preference on what text should be neon bright, what color is less intrusive, easier to read. It depends on everyone's eyesight?

but it might then all just make it too complex a thing to be made.

Also, the whole conversation about "is there too much OOC on the server lately" is an entirely different conversation but one that might be interesting to think about.