Main Menu

Recent posts

Suggestions & Ideas / Re: OOC Differentiation for in...
Last post by probot - Aug 05, 2024, 03:43 PM
Making it a different color will help you determine what is what at a glance. I use the whisper chat in a crowded environment sometimes for precisely this reason - to see exactly what those around me are saying when things get busy. OOC chat being the same text as regular say and whispers is more of a burden, to me at least, because I have to look at it, especially when it's multiple people talking and it mixes in with IC text, which is not uncommon. Like I said above, it's not much, but it's definitely a quality of life improvement.
Last post by turtle - Aug 05, 2024, 02:58 PM
I am with plat on this i feel that we do not really need color text to denote OOC.  I Feel that it will draw away from IC. Especially if it is colorful it will take away cause it will draw your eye to it. 
Last post by platinum01 - Aug 05, 2024, 02:51 PM
Road signs have various hues to draw your attention. I would prefer the in-character role play to have my attention moreso than colored OOC text, which would be a distraction. If there was a way, like Quest Chat to only change the text YOU see rather than the text everyone sees... that would be a compromise. For now, I prefer the current system.
Last post by aliceofthevoid - Aug 05, 2024, 11:29 AM
I very much doubt that making the text a different color will encourage people to speak OOCly any more than they already do. I've played on servers that did have the color change, and if anything it improved my immersion by making it easier to focus on IC chat.
Last post by platinum01 - Aug 05, 2024, 10:02 AM
I prefer to remain as in-character as possible. This is a role playing server. Such changes in text for OOC conversations would be disruptive. If you want to tell those you are role playing with... occly that you are excusing yourself, send a tell. That shows in green text and easy to see. It is not disruptive to those around you. Also, you could use Discord. I don't even change the text for Quest Chat, even though that is an option.

In my view, the current " // " or " (( " is enough of an indicator.
Last post by probot - Aug 05, 2024, 04:40 AM
Grey is default for whispers so that would likely lead to at least some minor confusion down the line which is better avoided. Cyan I think would stand out too much unless it's quite a faded, pastel shade, which I think is the overall answer here. Personally I envision some light pink color but anything that straddles the line of soft enough to blend in without losing readability would suffice.
Last post by morena - Aug 04, 2024, 04:27 PM
Maybe gray so it blends into the background more compared to IC conversation?
Last post by Terallis - Aug 04, 2024, 02:32 PM
Quote from: SpacePope on Aug 04, 2024, 10:42 AMIf it was to be done, what color?

Light Blue, Cyan, Turqoise? Just to name a few ideas. Interestingly, along this same line, I remember a few servers that also did something where you could choose your method of emoting, and it would detect that, making EMOTES a different colour from what was spoken. In fact, I actually feel like that could be an even greater idea than colour changing the OOC talk. Or just both!
Last post by probot - Aug 04, 2024, 12:18 PM
That's a more difficult question. It should be something not taken up by the game's setting by default, and not particularly contrasting like the green of tells is. Readable, but unobtrusive.
Last post by SpacePope - Aug 04, 2024, 10:42 AM
If it was to be done, what color?