Main Menu

Pokemon GO

Started by Edge, Jul 23, 2016, 10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edge

Because let's be honest, a ton of us are playing it, don't lie. ;)

It's pretty bare pickings here in my neck of the woods, suburban TN/GA border, unless I go to the parks or zoos downtown. Apparently the Chattanooga Zoo is crawling with Charmanders, though I haven't been able to go there myself yet and start harvesting the little firebrands.

That said, Eevees and Venonats are plentiful, and I've still managed to get my hands on a few other good things, though I still have yet to see - in the wild or from an egg - my personal favorite Generation-1 Pokemon, Porygon. So super envy on anyone who happens to have one.

This is my current roster of highest-CP critters, as of earlier tonight after a Lucky Egg evolution spree.  :D

Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Ogre Time Yay

I'm actually a horrible Pokemon master. Only thing I seem to be catching these days are Rattatas and Pideys. Still fun to go looking for them though.

TheGuyThatPlaysAsJames

I haven't had my coffee yet. This made me laugh way more than it should have.

Edge

SNNNEEEERRRRRKK

And yeah, those are everywhere, along with Spearows and Weedles here, other things elsewhere.

Try this site out - it helps a fair bit for me. pokevision.com/
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.

Deleted

I'll be honest... never was interested in Pokemon before. Now I'm having fun, because it's become a "family" thing to do together.  :)

Even now, I have to ask for help on choosing Pokemon for gym battles.  >.>

Edge

Goat

It's become a crazy family thing for us too.  My wife and I play, along with most of our friends.  We've had six grown ass adults running around the neighborhood at midnight hunting for pokemon.  Then I was telling my brother about it, so he downloaded it, and then, my mother, who is the most competitive person I know, downloaded it too and made my father get it.  My mom goes out every night to the park and goes to all the PokeStops and catches everything in sight.  Everything.  Except bugs because bugs are gross.  She even found that a local cemetery is crazy good for pokestops and made my dad drive her out there at 2 in the morning to see if she could get ghost pokemon.  The woman is obsessed! It's hilarious, but really helped to bring our family and friends together.  Pretty cool!

Ogre Time Yay

Goat Avatar
It's become a crazy family thing for us too.  My wife and I play, along with most of our friends.  We've had six grown ass adults running around the neighborhood at midnight hunting for pokemon.  Then I was telling my brother about it, so he downloaded it, and then, my mother, who is the most competitive person I know, downloaded it too and made my father get it.  My mom goes out every night to the park and goes to all the PokeStops and catches everything in sight.  Everything.  Except bugs because bugs are gross.  She even found that a local cemetery is crazy good for pokestops and made my dad drive her out there at 2 in the morning to see if she could get ghost pokemon.  The woman is obsessed! It's hilarious, but really helped to bring our family and friends together.  Pretty cool!
That's an amazing idea! There's a cemetery near where I live, I never thought to check there! :D

Deleted

Charlie thinks she catches the Pokemon since I let her tap on the ball and see the monster it "opens" to show.

Goat

Yeah the cemeteries around here are full of Poke Stops.  The modern one has at least a dozen, we haven't made to downtown to either of the 18th or 19th century cemeteries, but it might try it today.

Dismus

My wife and I walk go on a two mile walk almost every night with the dog to the park, thru it (10 poke stops and 2 gyms) and back home. It has been a lot of fun.

onivel

My work is a gym
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

kothoses

Edge

Edge Avatar
SNNNEEEERRRRRKK

And yeah, those are everywhere, along with Spearows and Weedles here, other things elsewhere.

You're a tad late Gav ;)

kothoses

Edge Avatar
Edge Avatar
SNNNEEEERRRRRKK

You're a tad late Gav ;)
I am a slowpoke.....

*Sigh*