Main Menu

Playing with forum features.

Started by Vincent07, Dec 15, 2013, 07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincent07

So, this shiny new forum has a number of new functions, one of which I am going to ask everyone's opinion of before I consider enabling.

That being, the shoutbox.  It's basically a chat panel.  Anyone logged into the forums can basically use it as a chatroom.  Is this something any of you would like to use?
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Ebola Lola

I think it would be a good idea.. Not all of us have a way to contact other players. So the chat could useful.. Also is there a way to change the options of marking the forums read? Its sort of a pain to have to go through each section to mark them done.. An over all read button on the main forum page would be nice :)

blackhound

Vincent07 Avatar
So, this shiny new forum has a number of new functions, one of which I am going to ask everyone's opinion of before I consider enabling.

That being, the shoutbox.  It's basically a chat panel.  Anyone logged into the forums can basically use it as a chatroom.  Is this something any of you would like to use?
Do it!

onivel

Yep... the shoutbox usually ends up being a place for fun comments
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Edge

Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Vincent07

I have turned it on for now.  It will appear at the bottom of any page you are viewing.  
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Deleted

Ebola Lola Avatar
I think it would be a good idea.. Not all of us have a way to contact other players. So the chat could useful.. Also is there a way to change the options of marking the forums read? Its sort of a pain to have to go through each section to mark them done.. An over all read button on the main forum page would be nice :)
On the main page, under forum statistics, there's a link that says "Mark All Forums Read."  :)

Ebola Lola