Main Menu

Immersea Housing

Started by Goat, Sep 05, 2015, 04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goat

A number of you have asked in the last few weeks about the potential for player housing in Immersea once the area is finally rebuilt.  The good news is that I'm wrapping up the final rebuild in the next few weeks to transform it once again, into a quaint seaside community.  In order to make things easier for our admin staff to update the area, if you are, indeed, interested in creating a custom home in Immersea please let me know via PM or on Skype or in game.  I'm trying to wrap up the build in the next week and would appreciate any areas or character requests regarding Immersea and surrounding areas be given to me in that time frame in order to have it all mesh in one piece.  

That being said, here's a working screenie of the cleaned up Immersea (minus most placeables and NPCs and whatnot.).  I've numbered all the available houses that don't belong to shops, NPCs, etc.  If you're interested in one, let me know ASAP.  Standard player housing rules apply, which can be found here: Click me for Player Housing Costs and Rules!

The biggest thing is use common sense for area size and keep it appropriate to both scale of the area and the number of individuals using it.  3x3 for 1 to 2 people is plenty! 

Goat

Also if anyone wants to help decorate the area with placeables, by all means, let me know!

Wittle Dreamer

I can gladly help. Just send me the area when you completed what you wanted and I will add details.

Fire Wraith

Looks very cool!

Just a quick clarification - the Wyvernwater is a large freshwater lake, a la one of the Great Lakes, so it's lakeside rather than seaside. :)

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

valiea987

Fun other information: Immersea is situated at a small bay on the side of the Wyvenwater called the Mistfisher Bay (Or the Immer Stream). It has beautiful sunrises and sunsets, and the fishermen who sail off in the mornings are called "Mist-Fishers", likely because the water has a mist over it before dawn when fishermen go out.

I recently grabbed the Volo's Guide to Cormyr. Best D&D book to read after having played on this server! :D Get to read through and think of all the things my character has done in these places I'm reading about. A lot of fun, really.

Edit: Oh, and with that, you all who made this server did an amazing job of bringing this stuff to life!

Deleted

About size:  3x3 is a rough guideline, and I don't have any problems with 3x6 (or at most 6x6, depending on how many live there).  6x6 and larger tend to be for schools, guilds, etc.

threeguesses

Something I wanted to ask - does anyone know, in lore, or whatnot, whether the Wyvernwater reaches the sea itself, by river? And what ship or boat transit along it is like if so?

valiea987

The Wyvenwater is connected to the southern sea of the Dragonmere by the Wyvenflow.

A really nice map of all sorts of small things can be found here: 24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdbuwmX2nM1r2p31ho1_1280.jpg

Vincent07

That's a 4th edition map, so not accurate to our setting, as a lot of geography was altered.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

valiea987

Mhm! There's been tons of time in the server lore for lots of stuff to happen and things to be substantially different. Was mostly using it to point out the major geographical feature of the Wyvernflow.

There's also Volo's Guide (though it is AD&D, so a bit earlier than this server), but it doesn't offer a single large map. I grabbed together some pieces and did some quick Paint work to make a map that is older, that should also support the Wyvenflow answer to Threeguesses' question.

i.imgur.com/yU5xYBv.png

Fire Wraith

The Wyvernflow is on 3rd edition maps too.  That said, the Great Lakes are connected to the Atlantic by the St. Lawrence river, but that doesn't mean they're part of the ocean. :)
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Vincent07

valiea987 Avatar
Mhm! There's been tons of time in the server lore for lots of stuff to happen and things to be substantially different.

About 5 years have passed in the setting since we launched. (We started in 1372, currently it is 1377.)  The main issue with the 4e+ maps, is they made -massive- geographical changes to the setting that do not apply to us.

But for reference, this is the proper 3.X map that we are based upon:

vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/forgottenrealms/images/1/10/Map_-_Faerun_-_3E.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120201174035
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Kymus

Vince, that map is incredibly tiny. Can you scare up one of a larger resolution?

Vincent07

Hm, could have sworn that one was larger.  Here's a full size one:

www.pocketplane.net/volothamp/images/faerunlarge.jpg

Goat

Going to try to wrap up the major Immersea update sometime this week, so if anyone wants to add anything, please let me know!  I'll probably do a secondary update to polish up a few things and add some NPC description and dialogue at a later date.