Main Menu

From the archives...

Started by onivel, Jan 02, 2014, 11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onivel

Anyone remember these?

Simkin's mom... don't piss her off.

" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Yaldabaoth

I don't remember that, but I can say this.  If WoTC ever printed something that ridiculously OP, I would send their R&D department anthrax.  Or I would just quit playing in the competitively for a while.  Either way!

morwen

Oh THANKS! Just by typing the word ANTHRAX, you've put us all under the eye of Sauron...*cough* NSA - oh rats! I typed it!

Edge

I don't think the Ember version of her was on CD, that was just the ice-bound version. I'm pretty sure Ember was over on MD =)
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

onivel

Edge Avatar
I don't think the Ember version of her was on CD, that was just the ice-bound version. I'm pretty sure Ember was over on MD =)
Yeah.. but I though when I popped back over here some folks were doing the card things here too. Ironically, her card was made up by her biggest IG nemesis, Laken. He fondly recalls her blowing his ass out of the sky as he tried to fly away. She promptly cut off his wings and left his scorched body pinned to a tree near the Standing Stone. She kept his wings on her mantle as a souvenir. She's pretty sure he loved her... and well.. she loved blowing the shit out of him. 

Either way.. still stands.. don't piss off Simi's mom.  ;)
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Garage Trashcan

How does she feel about getting pissed on?
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

shotgunbunny

Well, this is awesome! I recently started playing Magic again, myself.
So here's mine! :P

Stoked for the prerelease! :)

Colin Mack

Wait there is an Aera card awesome.

Not Batman

I bloody love these. I would -kill- for a card like this to be in my blue/black Alara deck.

Not Batman

Yaldabaoth Avatar
I don't remember that, but I can say this.  If WoTC ever printed something that ridiculously OP, I would send their R&D department anthrax.  Or I would just quit playing in the competitively for a while.  Either way!
Dude, WotC has printed cards INFINETLY more broken than anything we could come up with. Remember the power nine? Black Lotus is like the most potent card EVER. And then there's some stuff in the Alara sets that even make Black Lotus look weak. Oh, let's not forget Chaos Confetti, Spellbook, the three Urza lands, Darksteel Forge, Darigaaz, Predator Dragon, Isocron Scepter or (dare I say) Ancestral Recall.

shotgunbunny

Of course, the power nine all come from a time when the developers hadn't the slightest clue what they were doing. Still, even Legacy format is pretty silly. A friend of mine has an old world championship-winning promo deck. Seeing that deck in action makes you think Magic used to be about "find the broken mechanic". Modern is a major improvement, in my eyes. Although they still completely drop the ball occasionally. Jace the Mind Sculptor for example... But that's just because the designteam seems to be in gay love with Jace. :P

Yaldabaoth

Not Batman Avatar
Yaldabaoth Avatar
Dude, WotC has printed cards INFINETLY more broken than anything we could come up with. Remember the power nine? Black Lotus is like the most potent card EVER. And then there's some stuff in the Alara sets that even make Black Lotus look weak. Oh, let's not forget Chaos Confetti, Spellbook, the three Urza lands, Darksteel Forge, Darigaaz, Predator Dragon, Isocron Scepter or (dare I say) Ancestral Recall.
None of which are legal in the only format I give a care for, so c'est la vie.  

Not Batman

Yaldabaoth Avatar
Not Batman Avatar
None of which are legal in the only format I give a care for, so c'est la vie.  
Lucky you, I'm still dealing with Slivers.

whitespirit

morwen Avatar
Oh THANKS! Just by typing the word ANTHRAX, you've put us all under the eye of Sauron...*cough* NSA - oh rats! I typed it!
Sauron, hmm.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yqVD0swvWU

Aragorn: Saaaaaauuuroooooooon! :D

hee hee ^.^