Main Menu

Windows 8 and you

Started by Garage Trashcan, Jan 09, 2014, 02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garage Trashcan

Okay, so one of the reason I don't pop in much is because it's a pain in the ass to get my old laptop out and booted up (can sometimes take up to 20 minutes) to run NWN. I know some people have managed to get it to work alright and other have abandoned us because there was no hope for them. One of my girlfriend's profs actually brought up in class how and why NWN and Win8 just don't get along.

So, should I bother trying? Is it worth it? How does I make work?
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Deleted

I've had zero problems with it, and it ran without me messing with a ton of compatibility settings.  *shrug*

cherrycoke2l

No problems here either. Neither on my previous computer, nor the new one I bought around two weeks ago.

Edge

Very little troubles here either. There was some admin privileges and compatibility mode fiddling, but after that it's run fine.

Win8 has other problems but they're not NWN related or NWN exclusive.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

leetabix

nwn works better for me in windows 8.1 than it did on windows 7, and my computer is as modern as they come.