Main Menu

Divine disciple suggestion

Started by , May 21, 2016, 06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deleted

As the disciple is implemented, it lacks a level 3 ability, as I can only imagine how impossible it may be to implement imbue with spell ability in NWN.

Although...

There is an ability that isn't implemented at level 1, that being an additional domain in addition to the two that come with a cleric. (Or to give a domain to non-cleric divine casters)

As I understand it, domains are implemented as feats in NWN. Would it be possible to add a domain in Leto at 3rd, thus giving the Disciple a level 3 cookie?

Edge

This is unfortunately not possible due to the way Domains actually work.

Yes, there is a Feat for each Domain, but that is not what gives the character the actual domain abilities such as extra spells to cast or special turning abilities. The feats are more of a placeholder or something for the player to be able to reference in their character sheet, rather than the feat itself giving the ability.

Rather, Domains occupy a special pair of slots of their own in the character's file, which if you open up a cleric in LETO you can see in the editor. These two slots are what gives a cleric their actual domain abilities. There are only two. So unfortunately, adding a third domain feat will do nothing, as there's no third slot to assign a domain to as well.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Deleted

Aww, sad. Yeah, I get it from the engine perspective. Ah well. I would still have Disciple in the build for the flavor of it — and the divine caster progression makes it worth it for the bonus feats we -do get. Just would be nice to have some sort of candy on that level 3 that the other Divine X classes aren't missing.

Vincent07

Yeah... would be nice if there were a way to grant clerics a 3rd domain, as a few instances should allow for that... but there is no way to do it in NWN.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel