Main Menu

Diablo III & Reaper of Souls

Started by Garage Trashcan, Mar 11, 2014, 09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garage Trashcan

Has anyone else been playing again after the huge patch a few weeks ago? For those unaware, they revamped the entire game and how loot drops (it actually gives you USEFUL stuff and Legendaries drop a lot more often now). It's a much more enjoyable experience, even for maxed characters since all your old loot is now garbage compared to the new stuff and you can reset your quests to get first-time boss kill drop rates. There's also a 50% XP boost on until the expansion comes out.

Granted, I may just be biased and completely unreasonable as I'm someone who DIDN'T let their nostalgia boner of Diablo II get in their way of enjoying a game where you smash stuff like bloody pinatas, but that's just me.

If anyone feels like partying up, my tag is DemonicAngel#1423 (I may also be up for scrub-tier Hearthstone play).
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

The Red Mage

Garage Trashcan Avatar
even for maxed characters since all your old loot is now garbage compared to the new stuff

If anyone feels like partying up, my tag is DemonicAngel#1423 (I may also be up for scrub-tier Hearthstone play).

That first part is any Blizzard game you'll play.

I'll add you on Hearthstone. My total level is like.. 200 or something, but my main deck is still pretty scrubby, because I have terrible RNG and don't have any of the legendaries I need to make my deck better.

kothoses

D3 is a totally different game since the patch and about a 1000  times more enjoyable.  Quinnthalas#2159 if you want a demon hunter to pew pew things with.  Though I am on the EU servers.

Garage Trashcan

I just realized I derped and put this in the wrong forum. If someone can move this to Off Topic, that'd be great.

soldier0fortune

Would add you but i have it on PS3 and im guessing you lot dont.

Ogre Time Yay

Currently in a group play-through with this game. We lost alot of characters along the way because of Hardcore Mode... ._.

Garage Trashcan

Sadly, Hardcore mode became a sham with vanilla because people just got power-leveled and had gold farmed to gear their chars with the Auction House. Now a lot of the chars are super overgeared and rolfstomping everything farming for gear.

Vincent07

I want to get into D3.  But I've just never been able to enjoy it.  Is it that much better now?

I might give it another go .... if I can pull myself away from Dark Souls II.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Ogre Time Yay

Not as good as Dark Souls, but the game is alot better now that it has been patched, I actually find it fun now (where as upon release of the original Diablo 3, I found it a little on the lame side).

Garage Trashcan

Legendary drop rates have been significantly increased. The difficulty system has been completely revamped (you do not need to beat one to advance to the next, for example). You can downscale the difficulty in game if things get too rough for you, but need to leave a game to increase the difficulty (to prevent flash-farming, obviously). Gear that drops now has a very significant chance to drop stats actually relevant to your character (something like 90-95%). Not that it'll be an improvement, but you won't be a Barbarian who keeps finding gear with INT. It still happens, but not nearly as frequently.

The expansion added a new crafter, the Mystic, who allows you to reroll as single stat on a piece of gear. You can continue to reroll that stat to try and get a higher roll, or a different stat entirely within it's "group." So if you do find a REALLY GOOD amulet or something that has INT instead of STR on it, you can change the INT to STR and be okie dokie.

Higher difficulties also increase XP and Gold gain exponentially so you level faster. Feasibly to level 60 within a single playthrough. There's also "Pools of reflection" which give you 25% bonus XP for a certain amount.

TheGuyThatPlaysAsJames

"I don't like games that suck, so I didn't like Diablo 3 at first. But now that it doesn't suck, I like it, because it doesn't suck anymore and I don't like games that suck."

My experience with D3 in a nutshell.

yhposolihP#1400 is the name of my Battle.net kajigger for all interested.

Garage Trashcan

Shit, I'll have to slay monsters with a different version of James St. Bell now?

Fuck that shit!

TheGuyThatPlaysAsJames

^Dude, no joke, I even play Crusader. What the hell is wrong with me.

Garage Trashcan

I got bored of Crusader. My fire barbarian is just too much goddamn fun.