Main Menu

Sending system

Started by satellitemind, Apr 04, 2015, 11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

satellitemind

Coming from a PW that featured one of these I have to say they were very useful in facilitating players coming together espicially during hours when few folks were online, given the size of the server I would suggest adding a similar system. Definitely very helpful

Nokteronoth

Are you talking about like. Arelith, where you search for a player. See them online. Send a message, and a 'courier' NPC runs up and reads them the message before running off?

~BR

satellitemind

No, more like City of Arabel and Escape from the Underdark. You pay an NPC gold and than speak a message of your choosing, upon clicking confirm the message is broadcasted server wide. Was great for getting parties together or letting folks know when something of consequence was going down.

Fire Wraith

We do have the /listpcs function, which will show you the locations of all players on the server that don't have location privacy toggled on, for one thing. I'm not sure how much that impacts on the sorts of things you have in mind though.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

suddenperihelion

So basically a 'town crier' system, where an NPC shouts a string for you at a fee?

Atomic Twinkie

I'd want them to walk through town and actually shout it, that would be amazing.

Nokteronoth

What Satellitemind is meaning is an NPC or object that when used, actually sends sort of an IC shout through the whole server. EFU does it as a telepathic-sending 'device' that players can use to tell others they're going out on an adventure or the like. Whole server shout, not just a town.

I personally don't like that idea. I'd rather either a person-by-person courier type deal, or a very limited time town crier like perihelon suggested there. Though that breaks RP/immersion pretty easily.

~BR

goodapollo

The one EFU has can get.. real annoying, real fast. Like, immersion broken permanently kind of annoying, if people feel like being irritants about it. (It sends a giant THIS IS A SENDING yellow text thing at you whenever someone pays money for it.)

I'm mostly against it, really. The Town Crier/Messenger system Arelith has is no less annoying, but more evadeable. Just pop someone a tell if you want to rp with them, maybe?