Main Menu

Thank you for the celebration event!

Started by Tarostar, Jun 21, 2022, 10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarostar

Disclaimer: Since this doesn't really fit as a thank you to just admins, DMS or players I am posting it here. My sincere apologies if this is a naughty thing to do. I also will be using the words 'thank you' a lot so if this offends you please stop reading this moment. Thank you.

The celebration event is over and I am sure I am going to miss it dearly. I have been playing NWN for many years on quite a few servers and this is hands on the best event I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing. There were so many awesome events, great rp, happy laughs and good cheer it made the head spin.
I wanted to start by thanking those that helped out behind the screens by assisting by setting up events, brainstorming, coding, etc. Special mentioning to the event map which in my mind set the mood really nicely with strolling npc's, a petting zoo, archery ranges and whatnot. 

Onwards to the events!

Queen Tanalasta Commencement Ceremony: That set the mood right from the start. It was nice to see so many high profile npc's interact with each other and the gathered adventurers and the queens speech was great. It sure did raise some patriotic fervour and who'd dare to refuse a royal command to have fun? 

I missed the Clockwork wonders and oddities so I can't comment too much but I have seen some of the toys being sold and they made me wish I hadn't missed it!

Fenwicks Fireworks Workshop was just good ole fun. Tinkering in pairs with your personal explosives while being regales by hilarious emotes from Fenwick and especially Adventuro. What more can you expect? I am very curious how many characters tried to steal Adventuro during the festival and if none did you missed your chance! 

Trevors Custom Plushies Request: Trevor was, in my opinion, the second best npc in the whole event and this is awkward to admit as anyone who makes unicorns plushies cannot be rated anything else then best usually. The amount of players declaring each others plushies cute or adorable, collecting their friends plushies or waiting in line for their own plushie were a testament to how awesome this event was.

Jousting Tournament: All competing pc's were far braver then my Annaya and seeing them in actions was inspiring and at times hilarious. I'd also like to thank the champion SIR PIERCE! YAAAAAAAAY! for winning me one necklace and one ice cream in bets. Awesome. The scripting especially deserves a big thank you as that cannot have been easy. Also, Nok should be detained in a plush scaffold for illegal commercial utterings and baseless accusations of mongoose murdering. 

Cormy got talent even if the announcer did not! Hilarious. I want to thank both DM's and players involved for making this a perfect event to sit and simmer down from the story just before it. I also have a sneaking suspicion we haven't seen the last of a certain cigar smoking Bard and I hope the Dayrider will be present to help us stop him when he returns. The announcer delaying announing the winner was hilarious and near goaded Annaya into rioting as I couldn't stop laughing behind the screen. 

Last but very very very much not the least. My favourite npc of the celebration: The storyteller. This bard should be immediately detained and used to train the purple dragons from now on. Awesome does not describe how good these stories were adequately if you ask me. Of course, you can disagree with this but you'd be wrong. Every story was completely different and felt fresh again. The two favourites I was in was the retrieval of the green arrow (Because Annaya had heard that story from Talhran and recognized bits of it) and the Crown wars because it really was both so sad and yet the most beautiful battlefield I ever saw. Blackheart and Melony (and other who helped them behind the screen) thank you for putting so much time and effort in giving us an unforgettable time and giving this new player a peek on past awesomeness. 

In closing I want to thank everyone, from admins (the event server really did well!) to players, for making the event as glorious as it turned out to be.

THANK YOU!!

psieco

Thanks,  in this event i see that we have flawless dms

fynch

I was going to make a post like this but you nailed it better than I could have. Thank you SO much to everyone involved in this. I'm still quite new here and this made a HUGE impression, a good one at that ;) - So thank you again to everyone. Everything was so much fun and so well orchestrated!

Kreindis

I actually would like to throw my hat in here too.

I've played on some other server for 15 years and I honestly think this Festival was the best DM event I've been in. Not for the battles honestly but rather for the festival atmosphere. It actually felt like attending a three day event IC. And I heavily enjoy all of the emotional things that brings, between enjoying the battles and the events. Standing in a line. Or just relaxing in between events.

Also Sorina made friends (and probably mortal enemies) which doubly made the Festival impactful for her. So I enjoyed it a lot!

Throg

It was amazing!  Thank you all that made this happen.

acleverpun

Was definitely good times! Thanks to everyone involved (and one day Cassandra will marry Tanalasta! ... Well probably not but a sembian can dream)

lackofimagination

I want to join my cheers for the DM team for your patience, kindness and benevolence toward all those of us who were late, were lost, fell asleep due to wanting to be everywhere at everytime and not miss a drop of the fabulous event.

This was absolutely awesome and I wish I could do something significant enough to show all of you how much I Loved every second of it.