Main Menu

Taking A Step Back

Started by hyrulee, Jun 17, 2021, 05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hyrulee

Hey, gunna keep it brief but wanted to explain why I'll be significantly lessening the amount of time I play on this server for the time being. Not sure if that'll turn back into playing more frequently, or just quitting overall. I'll just see how it goes.

I've generally enjoyed the server, but at times it feels a bit uncomfortable lately. The reason I'm taking a step back from it, is because I feel like there's been too many times where I've been told, found out about, or generally stumbled into people making up rumors about me, or simply hurtful and harmful remarks about myself or those I spend time with. Not going to name names, as this isn't a drama post. But I think bringing it up is important and I don't want to lie about why I'm stepping back. 

I enjoy the stories being told, and the characters I've interacted with. So I'll stick around for events when I can, but for the most part I'll be limiting how much I'm on the server. I'll still be somewhat around, and if a PC of mine is needed/wanted for RP I can be DM'd on discord. However I've just felt honestly really sad when I log in. Maybe when things feel less hurtful I'll return to my usual amount of playtime, but until then I think it's best for my mental well-being that I avoid toxicity. 

Please, try to remember that there are people behind the screens. Hurtful comments, rumors, and general bullying has an effect on people. Even if hurting them isn't the intent, it can spread quickly. So sometimes being a bit mindful can go a long way to making this place feel more welcoming.

Arya

Self-care is important. I am trying to do better with it myself, hence my own updates mentioning what I am doing/not doing DM-wise.

I am sorry you are feeling the yuck lately. While I will not say I am immune to gossip (as no one is), I know I try to be intentional about finding ways to make it more constructive once I feel I start becoming negative, and expect people to let me know when I fall off that path. Still, as you said, it is important we all remember we are human and we all have people on the other side of the screen.

Let me know if I can do anything to help you, or if you just need an ear. <3

Best,
Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

The Red Mage

Love you. Call me out if any of it was me. Also you're free to reach out for RP or otherwise as well.

hyrulee

Very much appreciated. My initial post came off a little more dramatic than intended. I honestly might still pop in for little bits of RP. But if I don't end up doing so I just wanted to give explanation so no one thought I just dipped outta nowhere. <3

Epi

Please feel free to poke me too, Lee. Hope to see you around.

Garage Trashcan

You know I tell you this every day, but I'm going to put this here so everyone else can see it, too.

It is completely ridiculous that people think it is okay to treat you, or anyone else, this way. You're the best little brother I've never had and you have so much love, passion, and excitement to share with your PCs. Every interaction I've had with you IC is deep and warm. OOC, you're one of the reasons I've been able to stick around here much more than I usually do, because your positivity is absolutely infectious and makes  me want to be a better person and treat my friends better. Whether you think it or not, you are an absolute bastion of this community and every single one of us is better off with you in it than without.

That said, breaks are fine. Y'all know me and my breaks. Take your breathing room, get some space, and come back refreshed. Play other games, do some reading, pet Toast and snuggle right up to her all night. We love you, buddy, and for however many people there are that would rather speak ill of you, there's dozens more of us who are here to back you up and be your cushion when you need it.

Keep fighting, you incomparably flexible doormat. <3
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

hyrulee

Thank you for all of the support I received. I can't name everyone, but to those that reached out to me via Discord or the Forums- I genuinely appreciate your kindness and compassion. Considering all the kindness, I'll be returning to the server on a semi-regular schedule after a few much needed days of peace. Y'all managed to drag me back instantly with your kindness and genuine care. I can't thank you all enough for that. Thanks everyone, stay safe and keep being kind.  <3