Main Menu

Skyrim Mods

Started by Garage Trashcan, Jun 23, 2014, 09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garage Trashcan

I fell victim to the summer sale yesterday and picked up the Legendary Edition of Skyrim after meaning to get it for the Xbox for forever, since I put in over 100 hours on that. 

So can anyone recommend any mods to pick up?
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Ogre Time Yay

Oh boy, where to start... Let's see... Well there's the mod that allows you to be able to kill anyone (no essential NPCs), that's a good one. There's also one I cannot picture myself playing without now that I can't seem to remember... There is a mod that makes it so people don't talk to you when you walk near them. I got tired of all the times I'd be walking through town casually and some guy walks by me and goes "What do you want!?" like I was even thinking about sparking conversation with them.

There's a mod that makes guards investigate murders and attempt to track down the killer.
Cloaks of Skyrim is a good one ("You and your fucking cloaks, Hyde!")
Oh! A favorite of mine is Skyrim holidays, where there is actually a calendar in game and holidays around the year that people celebrate.

I'll post up more if I think of any.

allatum

www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48160/? - Realistic female armor (as in a lack of boob-plate.) I suggest this because it made a lot of nerds angry.

Though I dunno if you play female characters

allatum

P.S Be careful when looking at Skyrim Nexus. It's full of crazy aforementioned nerds. But not as creepy as lover slab at least. (I look at a lot of weird mods for games to pass the time, amuse myself, or remind myself that humanity has already been freakishly twisted by the taint of the Elder Gods.)

jixjum

I enjoy the mods that create ambient additions to the game, such as dynamic weather effects, lush forests, realistic rain storms, sounds of the wild.

Garage Trashcan

I downloaded the most popular HD mod and it doesn't seem to be working. Possibly my computer is just balls.

Fire Wraith

There's a lot of mods to improve or change gameplay.  Depending on how hardcore you want to play, you might want to take a look at some of these:

Deadly Dragons - www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3829/?
Organized Bandits - www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31264/?
Immersive Creatures - www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24913/?

I also play with mods that increase the population of NPCs in towns/cities and on the roads, as well as the variety of random NPCs, but I can't seem to find the links to those, only the translated versions.

There are also system overhaul mods like SkyRe or Requiem that you may want to look at, though these drastically alter game play, and you may not want to use them until after you've already seen the base game to compare.

Additional follower mods are a good one - there are a few that are really good, like the custom voiced ones.  There's too many and it's too taste dependent for me to recommend any specific one, but have a look at the ones on nexus.

I also recommend several mods to improve the looks of the characters/NPCs, first off:

Female Body Replacer - either CBBE or UNP most likely, but SevenBase is another popular one, and there's numerous variants.
SG Female Textures (better faces) www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35267/?
Complete Male Overhaul - www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54568/?

ApachiiSky Hair - More/varied/better hair: www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10168/?
(there's also an NPC version, though this can be a little wonky)

There are also any number of custom armors you can add, depending on your preference.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Garage Trashcan

I have SKSE, SkyUI, RaceUI, ApachiiSkyHair, Sky HD (working debatable). I have a female body mod but got sick of seeing tits and ass every time I looted a body (I don't care how desperate you are, I don't think you need to sell their underwear). I've avoided the male mods because most of them seem to make your body all shiny and shaved...which doesn't make much sense to me unless you're a dandy in the frozen north.

Fire Wraith

CMO allows for you to choose either hairy or non-hairy appearance if memory serves.

You think that's bad though - some of the earlier male body mods included erections.  So every time you looted a bandit/guard/etc, bam, full mast.  More Wangs than the Beijing phone book. ;)
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Deleted

I'm in trouble.

Skyrim is far more addicting than I expected.

Garage Trashcan

belladonna Avatar
Jul 5, 2014 16:04:31 GMT -5  @belladonna said:
I'm in trouble.

Skyrim is far more addicting than I expected.
I've had this issue less since I've already played it for 100+ hours, I just really want to play the DLC...but since I have to start new characters, I've been less motivated.

darthweasel

I'd just like to find a fix for the crashes I keep getting right after the escape from priosn/ dragon attack scene.