Main Menu

Henchmen?

Started by Mystic Warden, Feb 17, 2016, 11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystic Warden

One of the slash commands is to kill your henchman. Which makes me wonder: is there a way to get one on the server at all?

It is indeed a mature/dark subject but a slave market in the Undercity or in some other shady places might provide an opportunity for getting henchman. With some restrictions in place of course to not get things out of hand. Like max, 1 henchman per PC is allowed.
Sindel Sinul, witch, herbswoman and tarot reader extraordinaire with a strong business sense
Diana Castelli, cute bookworm, arcane nerd, with the 'Weapon focus: book' feat
Vicky DeVille, daddy's princess, conjuring up some trouble
Melinda Moon, merc with a mouth and two tonfa-hilted short swords

Valimar Dragonbane

I think there's a few summons that are treated as henchmen instead of familiars or summons.  The Summon Nature spells come to mind.
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

trylobyte

The spell it was specifically designed for was Create Undead Army, which summons 4 henchman skeletons.  We had a problem with people summoning them, using them, and leaving them lying around where they would never go away.  Necro-littering, if you will.  And it was understandable because the sort of character who would cast that spell (a necromancer, probably out solo) would often be poorly-equipped to actually kill them (since they probably had spells to buff them instead) so they'd just leave them.  This command gave them a way to kill them quickly.

Darvins

Ahh undead army how I did love that spell, there is also a 9th level Druid spell that use henchmen instead.

onivel

Darvins Avatar
Ahh undead army how I did love that spell, there is also a 9th level Druid spell that use henchmen instead.
Shamblers I believe...
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Darvins

yeah it's sadly not that exciting a spell, but it has once or twice been a fun visual. Even if the Shamblers themselves are... not very effective, the visual is

Vincent07

Yeah, any summon that creates more than 1 creature at a time, has to attach them to you as henchmen, rather than a summon.  I put in the command to kill them off, as there's no other way in there to dismiss them.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel