Main Menu

Regarding Factions

Started by , Sep 20, 2015, 07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deleted

Attention all active faction heads and/or player guilds!  I'm updating the Faction Home with information about the current active groups!

Please either reply here or PM me with details about your faction/guild.

Who is in charge?
What is the goal of your faction/guild?
Who can join?

Fire Wraith

Also, if anyone wants to be in a faction that's gone inactive, or is having trouble getting put in touch, please let us know, and we'll see what we can do. 

Remember, on CD the most important thing for faction seniority, really, is activity level - so if you want to get active and do stuff with a faction, you're not stuck having to wait on people who never play anymore, etc.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

valiea987

What would be the process for creating a faction? Before White Spirit had to take some time away, we were talking about Angelina and Nayu setting up some sort of an anti-undead organization of sorts. Or maybe a PC based Kelemvorite thing, though that may be too tiny with just 6 Kelemvorites I am aware of... And we sort of already have a Temple. Was curious what would be the process for this?

Fire Wraith

Pretty much all you really need for a player group is 3+ interested characters (though ideally more, but we can set up the forum etc with 3 and go from there).
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Edge

Under normal circumstances, Factions are setting- or location-based organizations; PCs typically do not create Factions, they already exist. Things like the Purple Dragons, the Red Wizards, the Harpers, the Druid's Grove, various churches, and so forth.

For making a Guild, though, which is simply an allied or cooperative group of PCs with a possible joint goal or focus: generally, submit a request to the admins with a name, the PCs who would be participating (along with forum names of course), and the purpose of the guild.

There have been a couple of Guilds that have been promoted to Faction status though, but this is extremely rare.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Fire Wraith

Generally the difference is largely academic for our purposes, but an easy way to think of it:

-Factions exist whether there are PCs taking part in them or not.
-Guilds/Troupes/Adventuring Companies/etc are entirely PC driven.

valiea987

So, a group of players dedicated to hunting down undead would be a guild/troupe/adventuring company/etc.

What if there is an entity that exists, but isn't currently a faction due to low player interest in it prior? So for example, if all the Kelemvorites around wanted the Temple of Kelemvor to be a faction? I can toss off the names of 5 active players who play a Kelemvorite in some form, 6 if I extend it to a character who hasn't been on that character, and I know there are others who are older members that don't play now. Would that be the type of thing allowed? I know there is a division between PC status (levels) and NPC organization status (your rank in a church, for example)... But we do have some merging of PCs in NPC stuff with the Purples and the War Wizards.

Edge

Yeah, that would be the kind of thing making a new Faction would work around.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.

Nokteronoth

I think Kimbell's the only active Red Wizard at the moment. I posted in the group forums, but unless someone else more senior posts there, I'd like to take it over and maybe see if we can do something with it.

The other details, I think, depends on if anyone else steps up in place.

~BR

Edge

Valiea has a RW, it's right in her signature =P

Nokteronoth

We're working on it! New character. :o

~BR

Voice of Kerensky

Cormyr Military Faction

Purple Dragons

Who is in charge? -- Me (OOC) Jae O Cathasaigh (IC)
What is the goal of your faction/guild? -- This is under review and I will add to this soon, but the obvious focus is on martial matters, direct service to Cormyr, and at least semi-organized factional objectives and rewards.
Who can join? -- Anyone willing to swear an oath to serve Cormyr/The Crown in a military fashion, with roles for purely martial characters, scout/rogue/archer types, and divine servants (some martial applicability of the faith recommended).

War Wizards

Who is in charge? -- Me, Monarch of the Sea (OOC organization) Minami Shijo (IC)

Who can join? -- Any character with arcane talent willing to swear an oath to Cormyr/The Crown and serve primarily magically. Technically, any and all arcane casters (including bards) are accepted but I would suggest access to at least 3rd circle spells or a high amount of spell like abilities as magical combat support and investigation is the primary purposes. The prestige class is purely optional.

Darvins

Eilistraeen Enclave

Who is in charge?
 NPC Ty'Rel is the High Priestess huzzah! Valar is the only active Cleric I believe at the moment so if someone wants to contact them she is the easiest to go through, since Ty'rel is hidden away.
What is the goal of your faction/guild?
The Enclave serves several functions primary it is to provide a place of safety and security to those following the religion of Eilistraee. As well as to promote her teachings and recognition in the area. To oppose the workings of Lolth and the other evil dieties of the Drow Pantheon, would also be a large focus. Lets be blunt these are the goody goody Drow, through they are still Drow. They will likely try to help from a different style, they might not be the ones who charge at the enemy head first unless all other options are exhausted. So subtle do gooders and those seeking redemption.

Who can join? Any Eilistraeen through due to the nature of the goddess and her enemies expect to maybe not be shown the 'club house' on a first meeting. On top of that those who prove themselves as friends of the Eilistraeens above and beyond, may also be granted access to the 'Club House' and be considered friends if maybe not exactly members of the Enclave.

Of note while usually of course an Eilistraeen would be a Drow it is not a requirement and it is entirely possible to be Half-Drow or even an Elf and be a member.

Edge

Darvins Avatar
Eilistraeen Enclave

Who is in charge?
 I suppose in theory PC wise? Right now Valar is the highest level active Cleric being played which may make her it.... wow that's scary
Technically the person in charge is the NPC priestess in the Grove, whose name I forget.

Darvins

Edge Avatar
Darvins Avatar
Eilistraeen Enclave

Who is in charge?
 I suppose in theory PC wise? Right now Valar is the highest level active Cleric being played which may make her it.... wow that's scary
Technically the person in charge is the NPC priestess in the Grove, whose name I forget.
Ty'rel I believe yeah, officially it's Ty'rel and thank god for that, I dinnay mind Val being the 'face' of the Clergy being the one most people will see but she's a newish convert still it's good to have someone over her;)