Main Menu

Camera Mod

Started by dagesh, Apr 11, 2014, 10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagesh

Interested in first person view?  Would you like to look up a bit more?  With this camera mod you will never look at NWN the same.

Camera Mod

Be advised, your antivirus may fire when you first try and unzip this.  It is safe and has been used by many.  Check the comments in the link I posted.  Personally, I really enjoy the first person view.

Vincent07

NWNCX will also give you a camera hack if I recall.  And allows for a number of other things as well.  Again, anitvirus will not like it in many cases.

www.neverwinternights.info/nwncx.htm
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

dagesh

Vincent07 Avatar
NWNCX will also give you a camera hack if I recall.  And allows for a number of other things as well.  Again, anitvirus will not like it in many cases.

www.neverwinternights.info/nwncx.htm
NWNCX is awesome!  I wasn't sure if it was compatible w/ CD.

Vincent07

It's client side, so it works anywhere.  We don't use it presently.  I -may- add it in, if only for the extended weapon VFX.  We'll see.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

dagesh

I was thinking in terms of overriding areas and textures.  I know they modified some of the areas to include ceilings and what not.  I wasn't sure if it'd look checkerboard in some CD areas (like the default interior area).

EDIT: I was thinking of NWNCQ.  Oops.  NWNCX is still sweet but I need to read before posting!

Vincent07

As an aside.  Using NWNCQ on CD will break a few spots.  City Interior has some tiles that add-on lacks, so for instance, the Seraph commons, or anywhere else with that stage will break.  The clutter in a lot of the ruins/dungeon tilesets will hide loot and other things.  Sewer and Crypt seemed more or less okay as long as you don't mind that the hallway doors in our re-coloured crypt2 will look funky.