Main Menu

Cultural Immersion Event Schedule (FINAL DAY: 16-04-2014)

Started by Arya, Apr 04, 2014, 02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arya

Some preliminary notes:

If you want to participate, whether as an old or new player, please send me the information required on the post below, as soon as possible.  I want all of the details at least two days before the events.
 Please keep an eye on this thread. I will post whenever I update it.

If you are interested in this and had expressed it, and are not listed in the events below, -please- PM me and remind me.  There has been a lot going on in-game this week with the festivities, and I am trying to look for a job still! Thanks! 

Last but not least, please let me know if you want someone specific to introduce a performance.  Otherwise, Daeatria will introduce each one by default.  Give me a brief description of the performance your character plans to give, or send it via an IC note! Thank you again!

Cultural Immersion Events Organisation

Day One (12-April-2014, at 15:00 EST)

I. Opening Songs - Songs of Identity

The Forest Country (dedicated to Cormyr) - "The Scarlet Bardess"
One Blood, Tel'Quessir (dedicated to elves) - Daeatria of House Ravenshadow (duet or trio: Arian of House Diluni and/or Rhea Shandaval, if available)

II. Event Introduction and Preliminary Comments by the Hostess and Sponsors

Daeatria of House Ravenshadow
NPC Sponsors

III. Interlude I

Durpatian Stone Sculpting Demonstration - Iyashu (may be moved to second Interlude; TBA)
Food, Mingling, and Announcement of Upcoming Activities
(Ballroom Dance, Dance Performances, Second Interlude, and Fighting Style Demonstration)
Ballroom Dance
Mercantile Booths Open

IV. Dance Performance

Other

The Tindra Dance - Tindra Danei

Elven
Silver Moon Sword Dance - Valar Milenson
Shadow Moon Sword Dance - Daeatria of House Ravenshadow

V. Interlude II

Food, Mingling, and Announcement of Upcoming Activities
Ballroom Dance

[ . . . Day I Completed . . . ]

Day Two (13-April-2014, at 15:00 EST)

VI. Day II Opening Dance Performance

Bedine Folk Dance - Anisa Al-Khawalid
Brief Preliminary Comments on Day II - Daeatria of House Ravenshadow

VII. Song Performances - Songs of Culture

Dwarven
Dwarven Story - Revik of the Nightwatcher Clan, possibly with assistant minstrels
"Angels Have Fallen" [Violin Performance] - Yedir Crowblade

Other
[Instrumental Melody] - Maindra
Chips of Starshine
- Carys MacKenna
Cormyrean Song - Sheighley Flynn

Elven
Interactive Lythari Song - Ilthamor Rithalion
A Grandmother's Dirge [Poem] - Daeatria of House Ravenshadow [Recital Requested On Behalf of an Anonymous Party]
A Tale of the Branded King
- Daeatria of House Ravenshadow
A Sylvan's Prayer - Rhea Shandaval

VIII. Fighting Style Demonstration

Dwarves
?

Others
?

Elves
Bladesong - Galdern of House Tirei'walle 
Alu'Tel'Quessir Trident Style  - Sumest of the Banniatear Clan

IX. Optional Sparring (total time: 1 hour)

X. Closing
Closing speech by hostess
Group involving singing, dancing, and instrument composition (TBA).

XI. Final Mingle
Food, Mingling, and Announcement of Upcoming Activities in Cormyr
(Activities TBA)
Ballroom Dance
Mercantile Booths Open

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Arya

OOC Post (Please check regularly for updates.)
[Copy and Pasted from Previous Thread.]

Alright.  We got this rolling with the meeting. I know some could not make it, so I am leaving some requests of things that could help make this easier for planning purposes.  Failure to do so will make it more difficult to include interested parties!

1. This is the most important for the event itself. I need specific songs and a title of a dance, or fighting style demonstration....as well as a general idea of how much IRL time you think it will take to do such a performance.  Right now I am guessing only ten people will be performing, fifteen at most.  We are also assuming this event will take two days to complete, no more than three.  DMs need not be present short of setting up. My guidelines for this are the following:

Each character can either do two short songs and two short dances, or a single long song or single long dance.  

• "Songs of Identity" (see below) do not count toward the limit.
  • Performances that are done as a duo or with a group do not count toward the song limit. Limits only apply for solo acts. 
  • Characters who can both sing or dance are allowed to combine their talents.  In this case, their performance will be defaulted to a 'song.'
    - Storytelling will be defaulted to a song.
    - And on that note, anyone doing a combination of a dance with a fighting style performance default to being part of the 'dance' section of the performances. (See what I mean by all of this below.)  

2. Give me a general idea of your character's performance rank, with intended gear, if you are doing any singing or dancing. Daeatria is going to, for the most part, have more experienced folks going last for each part of the program.  

3. If you have a merchant PC you want involved on the selling of goods, which will be taking place during the interlude of the events, please let me know by PM or in-game, as soon as possible.  Daeatria at present is only taking the selling of goods that are being donated - there will be no auction, only a suggested donation.  Anyone who wants to help with monitoring this should contact me as soon as possible.  Keep in mind, these goods are minor things that reflect the culture they represent.  It is up to the DMs if they are to have small spell-like benefits added to them.  Moreover, please help make the descriptions for these! If you end up needing help, I can do it, but would prefer others having a chance, first.

4.  Anyone playing foodie-PCs should do likewise.

5.  Anyone interested in playing a guard PC during the festivities should contact myself or TheotherKip in-game as soon as possible.  Or myself via PM.  
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Valimar Dragonbane

//fyi, I'll be at a pnp session until 4, back home around 4:30 CST on the 13th.  I hope that doesn't cause a major problem.
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Arya

(There is a good chance some of the stuff will be moved onto the 13th, so I am going to guess it will not be an issue for the time. :-) Especially if we can get some more participants!)

Arya

(There has been a change in the ordering of events. See above.)

Arya

Alright.  

Due to some OOC/IRL confounds, this event will start thirty minutes past the proposed time, at 13:30 MST, 15:30 EST.  I am not sure where the GMT folk are as far as daylight savings go, so I will not risk mixing the times up there.  (As I post this, I am in MST, and it is a few minutes short of 12:00.)  

Still on schedule, as far as 'elven' time is concerned. ;-)

Sincerely,
Arya

Arya

We are also open to some last-minute sign ups, but I may only take 2-3 of them, depending on what folks are wanting to do.  

Arya

Alright. We are giving this another half hour, to give more time for people to show up.

Arya

Thank you everyone for showing up to the first part of the performances!  The last part will be tomorrow, at 15:00 EST.

Arya

Also, if you did not get a gift bag for making it to this performance, please send me a tell as soon as possible!

Those making it to the performance tomorrow will also get a gift bag.! And yes, making it a second time means you get two gift bags. ;-) 

Sincerely,
Arya

Arya

Postscript: Also, if you did not get XP for participating in this, please let Daphne know!  Some people may have been missed in the transition of events!

Arya

Updated the schedule.

I am going to give some leeway if people for some reason cannot show up exactly on time, but I would urge as many people show up as soon as possible.  For one, we will have many more characters performing this day.  Secondly, I cannot afford to be about for any longer than until 20:00 EST, 20:30 EST at latest.  I have to help a friend study for his comprehensive exams.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Arya

Ogre Time Yay

Yedir will be there tomorrow to play his violin.

Deleted

Sundays I get out of worship service at noon (the start of the event over here).  I hope to be done with family lunch in time to join in.

(Rhea's song is A Sylvan Prayer.  Really, Angel's Song but I'm reflavoring it.)

Arya

Updated with song titles! And shifting some of the list a bit!