Main Menu

Hood vs Helm

Started by lycon, Jan 23, 2017, 01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lycon

I saw the thing on play-ability tradeoffs but i noticed one thing was missing. There is an alternative to hoods that actually DO conceal features and that is a helm. So... maby just say hoods don't work but helms do? that way both parties get what they want.

Deleted

I'm not quite sure what you mean (or what you're suggesting) by this.

Edge

S/he is saying hoods should not conceal a character's appearance but a full helm should.

This is not a change we're particularly interested in making, no.

Bear in mind that we, as a community, are not particularly interested in dealing with witch-hunts or players going around trying to unveil or perform shocking reveals by "uncovering" unusual pcs. While we don't ban PvP activities, it isn't a primary focus if the server and we feel there are far more interesting and engaging stories to be told elsewhere.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

trylobyte

There's also an item sold in the Slums that, in a roleplay sense, makes a hood a fully-concealing piece of headgear, and a lot of the people someone might want to unmask own one.

Edge

Are you meaning the alter-self gizmo or something different?

In either case, a hood is already fully concealing, per our rules (unless the player specifically emotes it not being so); it doesn't need another item to make it so.

EDIT: Okay I've been informed about the item in question, it's not the item I thought it was. That said, that item (and most everything in that shop, for that matter) is very old, dating back to the earliest years of the server before the current rules were set in place. You can certainly use an item like that to justify your character being unidentifiable under a hood - or emote/add in your description that they're wearing a mask under it, or just don't say anything at all - but that's a personal choice really.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.

Nokteronoth

The item Trylo is saying is the Skein of Shadows, it's description is that it's a sort of gauzy cloth that hides someone's face in shadows completely no matter how close someone gets or how well they look into it.

~BR

Edge

Yeah, hence my edit. =P

Nokteronoth

Whoop. Had the page open for a while before the edit, guess I didnt bother refreshing before posting.

~BR