Main Menu

Gladiator League

Started by dom101, Oct 14, 2014, 11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trylobyte

A common issue with Spot/Listen vs. Hide/MS is that Hide/MS gear tends to be both more plentiful and carry higher bonuses than Spot/Listen gear, meaning that on a high-magic high-gear server like CD it's very easy for Hide/MS to completely run away from what Spot/Listen can realistically detect.  It's what makes Glitterdust so important.

Anyway, this is probably best moved to a separate thread.  This is getting off-topic, and I apologize for that.

The Nameless Bard

belladonna Avatar
Oct 20, 2014 16:08:05 GMT -5  @belladonna said:
Fine.  Ban HiPS.  But then also ban healing potions/kits, cure spells, knockdown (as already mentioned), any auto-hit spells (IGMS), all displacement spells, all summon spells, etc etc etc.  Because each of these requires limited methods to counter/avoid them.  Fair is fair, after all.

/sarcasm

Seriously, guys, where do you draw the line?

No one said to ban it, but being aware of how it operates mechanically is important if you want to make an informed decision on it either way.  My point was that you better make flurry2 and flurry3 of that first round count because you could be in trouble afterwards.

Banning it because you heard it was bad is certainly not the answer (which is/was done in countless places), nor is allowing a free for all (CD took the middle ground with the skill mods on quick use; which, from a scripting sense, is the best work-around to the hard coded nature of the ability).

In the end it's all Dom's decision on how it goes.

Valimar Dragonbane

Getting back on topic, is the intent to have the owners pick the combatants in game, or just via the thread?
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

The Nameless Bard

You can probably add my Thayan Knight character to list (Danax Kallos, Fighter7), but he'll probably be the lowest level and a pure fighter, so maybe not much use.  I can fill a spot on a team if that's all you need to compete though.

dom101

Valimar Dragonbane Avatar
Getting back on topic, is the intent to have the owners pick the combatants in game, or just via the thread?

Plan on doing a draft style start for the league.  Then trades can be made or w/e where team owners can discuss / haggle / promise favors to other team owners to situate the best team they think they can manage.

We'll do it on the forums, since I doubt we'll get these specific 15 people together at any given time.

Once I have names for all the teams, we'll get that started.

onivel

I notice you have Nikki and Geno listed. I'm fine to play one or the other. I guess whichever gets picked first depending if they want a cleric or a wall.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.