Main Menu

Character Portratis

Started by spamtastic1979, Jan 20, 2017, 01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spamtastic1979

Is there a way to make one big optional hakpak download that contains all the current player portraits made and make it available to the CD community? Maybe have it up as a sticky in the thread and then the new portraits added would be easier to find?

Ogre Time Yay

spamtastic1979 Avatar
Is there a way to make one big optional hakpak download that contains all the current player portraits made and make it available to the CD community? Maybe have it up as a sticky in the thread and then the new portraits added would be easier to find?

I made a rar file with all of the portraits in it, uploaded to a specific link for download once upon a time, but it has been forever since it has been updated. I might do that when I get home.

Deleted

The only issue with this is how frequently people update/change their portraits.  I'm for it, but I'm not willing to manage updating it.

Ogre Time Yay

... I may have an idea to make this easier for everyone...
*Puts on the goggles and begins experimenting.*

Ogre Time Yay

Okay so... I made a Dropbox account, got the email account and everything for it. What if we gave the people on this forum the email and password, and told them that it's only used for portrait files, then let everyone upload their portraits? Putting the directory on your desktop makes it so as soon as a file comes in, you get it, and you put it in the portraits folder the NWN folder. Making it an actual Dropbox directory makes it possible to select more than one file and copy them over, so that users don't have to go page by page, post by post grabbing each file. We'd just need to make it so people can't delete files from the Dropbox.

Garage Trashcan

Wouldn't it have just been easier to make an open google drive?
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Ogre Time Yay

Garage Trashcan Avatar
Maybe <_<

Garage Trashcan

Ogre Time Yay Avatar
Garage Trashcan Avatar
Maybe <_<
I don't know why anyone bothers with DropBox anymore, when Google Drive exists, lol.

It's okay, Hyde. Here's a cookie.

Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Edge

Garage Trashcan Avatar
I don't know why anyone bothers with DropBox anymore, when Google Drive exists, lol.
DropBox is easier to link to and easier to upload to. Google is generally better for long-term storage or really large objects; DropBox is better for short-term and for things like images (especially for signatures and avatars and one-time posting, since you can't use {img} {/img} code with GD URLs) and small Zip/Rar/7z/etc files for individual downloads.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Deleted

I really don't like the idea of leaving an open account and password to be abused.  Not so long ago, we had to switch to the login server because of folks who maliciously tried to ruin our server.

Edge

Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Ogre Time Yay

Fair point, thirded.