Main Menu

Opt in level stop

Started by Nibbles, May 03, 2020, 11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nibbles

Would it be possible to have characters have the auto-fairy completely turned off if you want to have a character that is deliberately within a certain level range.

This would be especially nice for older players who want to specifically help out newer players within a certain level range.

JadeDragon

You could just not take your level, or ask a dm to remove some too.

The Red Mage

I could see a system working like this if there's a very, very understood clause where players won't relieve any compensation for sitting a level 13(for example) forever.

Nibbles

Problem is I know some servers are weird about just sitting with levels not taken, and I wasn't sure whether that would be an option or what the official stance on doing that would be (since technically it could mean you could be level 13 for ages then boom, level 21 - unrealistic but possible)

Terallis

If I recall correctly, there's actually a point while sitting on a level-up that it just stops letting you get XP. So you wouldn't even be able to suddenly jump to a significantly higher level, anyways. But you would have to deal with the annoyance of sitting on that level-up.
Eirik Hjartoreldr
Ulrik Dawnfall
Alaric

Vincent07

The XP system ticks are based on your XP, to prevent that old not leveling up glitch.  That said, you should still take your levels.   We do have a no xp token that disables all XP gains.  Usually that's reserved for punishing people who misbehave.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Nibbles

Would you be allowed to ask for the no XP token?