Main Menu

New items for high level epic store in ravenplume import

Started by Autumn, Aug 29, 2016, 02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn

Now,  this suggestion is based of an item already sold in game, and is for more powerful/useful to higher level player

The existing item is available from the Arabel jewelry shop called the "luspeel ring"

It contains 3 charges and has the enchantment to cast greater magical weapon (lvl 5) once per 1 charge.

I am suggesting higher caster level versions of this ring being made and available in the high level and epic level shopsb of the raven plume importers with the same charge amunta and the same charge amounts used.

Is a lvl 10 and up caster level versions.  This would relieve the growing annoyance and strain on in game mages who are asked to scribe the spell who must sacrifice not only in gamexp, but rl time to collect the xp and scribe them, but also give parties who may or may not have spellcasters with them more options and not force them to waste spell slots on that spell and be able to more effectively and creatively engage in battles and plots without having to sacrifice one or two spells on a single party mate and can instead focus on what they wish more.

If anyone else has thought about this. Please post them.  However let us have a intelligent discussion and not descend into a flame war argument

Thank you for you time and consideration.

Arya

I am not sure how I feel about epic items being available for sale beyond what is sold at the hawks' shop. They are meant to represent a rarer loot, and while they do pop, I rather keep them to the loot tables. To respect the intentions of epic items.

Now if you wanted varied items or even up to tier three in such a store, that is a different matter. We have a few places with tier three gear for sale.

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

onivel

Personnally, I am against making a lvl 15 version of GMW available in stores. I do think the lvl 5 version is pointless as it only provides a +1 bonus so is only costing more money to get the same effect as the Magic weapon spell. I would be okay with a lvl 10 version of the spell granting the +3 bonus. As a caster, I dont think we should be churning out reams of +5 granting scrolls. It reduces the need for us in parties. It also invites builders to have to raise the lvl of DR on the upper mid lvl mobs to compensate and keep the challenge lvl appropriate. All in all, I simply think this promotes the ever upward powercreep. Items available now are already at unheard of levels compared to waht was available at the top end when CD first started. What were then considered Epic are now commonplace. We don't need another reason to push it higher.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Vincent07

This is not going to happen.

For that matter, the hak change will make the scroll cast version of GMW, cast at +4.

Make friends with the mages, bards, and clerics. You'll need to take them with you for +5.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Arya

Yeah. I was speaking of general items, but I definitely would not want the stores selling anymore than +4 GMW, for the reasons noted above.

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Vincent07

Stores should never have anything over a +3.

GMW scrolls are intentionally not in stores, and either have to be found through loot or scribed.  The change will impact all GMW scrolls, found or scribed, including existing ones, as it will alter the actual cast property.  Thus the need for a hak change.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

thorien

As for scrolls, I have a question regarding the Alter Self spell. While I know that they are not available in the shop, is it intentional that they are not scribable as well?

Nokteronoth

If you ever want a wizard while dungeoning, Kimbell offers out her services. Feel free to poke me on Skype or whatever character I'm on at the time, and I'll let you know if free.

~BR

trylobyte

Mista is also fairly reliably available.  If you see me idling in AFK (on any character) then poke me - I'm probably playing Path of Exile or Dwarf Fortress or something and should respond in a few minutes.

Vincent07

thorien Avatar
As for scrolls, I have a question regarding the Alter Self spell. While I know that they are not available in the shop, is it intentional that they are not scribable as well?

That is a bug. There's a few scribe issues at present. They'll need hak changes to fix.