Main Menu

Shifters

Started by goodapollo, Feb 09, 2016, 09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodapollo

Are they changed at all, here? Do they get alter self, maybe?

Also, how do they interact with druid? Some places have it so that shifters are their own 'thing' and the druid levels are kind of dead space beyond occupying the prereqs.

Edge

According to our prestige class list, Shifters do not appear to be altered beyond NWN standard.

However, I believe somewhere it was adjusted so that Shifter gives at least a partial progression to Druid spellcasting. can confirm this in more detail.

Given the only way to get into Shifter is through Druid, Shifters still must operate by the normal restrictions that Druids must. Beyond that I'm not quite sure what you mean.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

goodapollo

That's basically what I meant, yeah. Secondish question: How possible would it be for a shifter to get an alter self widget type thing? Like, a roleplay one, sans the wings.

Nokteronoth

I was told that Shifter forms also do not merge items, so they're quite a lot weaker than they are on lower magic servers. Also haven't heard about any changes to the class. (Wouldn't be too surprised, either.)

The other stuff I have no idea about since I've never met any characters that went that particular route.

~BR

Garage Trashcan

The Monk/Druid/Shifter multiclass is banned, as per the Monk multiclass restrictions.

And if that was changed at all, it would still be garbage because the best you could get is Monk10/Druid5/Shifter5
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Deleted

The monk rules were changed.  As long as your levels as a monk are greater than the levels in other classes (combined), you can multiclass.

Deleted

At any given point or as a final build Bella? Because that would prevent you from taking Epic Shapes AND being Monk (Monk15/Druid5/Shifter10). You could get 1 Epic Shape at level 30. Just a thought, but would the Staff consider lowering Monk Levels to A) >Highest other Level or B) 1/3 of Total Levels? It would make a lot more interesting builds viable and might see a resurgence in Monks on the server. Just a thought.

Deleted

At any given point.  No, we're not lowering the requirements.  The current requirement was chosen for these reasons.

Vincent07

Shifter is unaltered from its base state.

However, I do plan to change it to progress Druid spellcasting with my hak change, which I think will make it far more appealing as a druid PrC.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel