Main Menu

Underdark Slave PCs

Started by onivel, Nov 29, 2023, 08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onivel

I need some clarification on the rules for Underdark Slave PCs... 

Can they or can they not be allowed to be freed. 

I was straight out told point blank by staff that Honey and Ember could not buy their freedom and be freed. We either had to have them enslaved by new owners or they needed to be retired. 

Now I am hearing that a slave is allowed to be freed. 

So am I hearing incorrectly?... did the rules change?... or were me and Sphene forced to retire two beloved PCs for nothing?! I need answers on this. 
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

izex

I believe the only way to free a slave is to retire them. The rules still state this to avoid PvP between the surface and the underdark.

probot

Quote10.A - IC Slavery

As something of a specific corollary to these rules, please note that in-character enslavement or slave status of PCs does fall under mature content rules and the secret associations rules to a degree, because it is similar to torture/etc in that it's the sort of thing that forces players to react to it. In particular, this sort of thing is ICly illegal in Cormyr, and in most of the Dales as well, so it should not be brought up/must be kept quiet in those areas. Also, due to the implications inherent in such an event/story, existing characters cannot be made into slaves, even with OOC agreement, because this forces such an event on any number of other characters. As such, IC Slavery is limited to characters explicitly made for that purpose. If someone no longer wishes to play their formerly enslaved character, this requires retirement of that character, lest it provoke a giant PVP/drama situation that many unwilling players will inevitably get pulled into.

Please note that under 10.A, this is specifically limiting PC and PC interaction. A character may still have a background in slavery, and speak of it in general terms (Not explicit details), as long as the antagonist is an NPC. As said in the above rule - and that about backstories, trying to gather dislike or hatred towards a specific PC isn't kosher.
Emphasis mine. I've not heard of a rules change saying otherwise.

Edge

You both are replying to a thread that is almost a year old. Please do not reply to long-dead threads.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Fury

Locked due to topic age.
Fate is a four letter word...