Main Menu

What skills would make one good at alchemy?

Started by Masque, Dec 26, 2013, 03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masque

As we don't have an 'alchemy' skill in CD what would be some skills that encompass it?

I am assuming Heal & Knowledge: Nature? Any others I might be missing?

Ogre Time Yay

I made a similar topic to this one in the old forum, the conclusion reached was that Int rolls would determine anything alchemical. :P

I'd -love- to see an Alchemy skill added to the server someday. Hydaro knows a thing or two about chems and beverages to use as traps or enhancement in combat, but as a fighter he doesn't always roll high Int.

There is also Craft Potion, but I believe that serves a different purpose altogether.

Valimar Dragonbane

I was always told that raw Int was used for Craft Alchemy here too.  I'll mimic Hyde on this - I'd love to see Alchemy added too.
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Masque

Would it be possible to use a dummy skill I forget do we have the profession skills here? I could potentially substitute it for that?

Not Batman

I would say (With the skills we have in effect) Knowledge Nature for components, Knowledge Arcana for the process itself, Heal for very specific potions.

The Red Mage

Knowledge Nature > Search for components
Intelligence > General Alchemical process
Vanilla d20 > How process goes