Main Menu

Recent posts

Updates and Roadmap / Re: CD Module Changelog v2
Last post by SpacePope - May 07, 2024, 11:43 AM
CD Module v4.11e1
Module palete change
- Fixed some tags on the wildshape skins.

Areas
- Maerimydra's Fire Giant stopped being so angry.
- Fixed a typo in the items sold by the Tressym Meow.
- Fixed a typo in the Ants Warehouse quest dialogue - Eyes and Ears of Arabel.
- New dungeon added for testing. Not yet connected to the maps.
- Blue Draykn Inn updated again. (Thanks Nok!)
- Updated Underdark - Sschindylryn - Central Markets for player business entrance (Ray)
- Finalized aqueducts dungeon in the Underdark. (Thanks Rykka!)
- Updated trophies in the Violet Flame
- Wyvern Caverns dungeon rework. (Thanks Misty!)
- Two new UD dungeon added for testing. Not yet connected to the maps. (Thanks Rykka & Edge!)

Player Areas
- (Diestormlie) Added Qu'za Zhaunil to Underdark - Sschindylryn - Central Markets (Ray)
- (Lanira) Updated Coin Toss and Vespillio player home (Ray)
- (Pretzel) Added player home and transferred another (Ray)

Creature/item palette
- Summoned Huge and Greater elementals now use a weapon so that they can be buffed with Elemental Weapon.
- Cursebound Bandits Ogre boss is now evil.

Spells
Iceberry and Flameberry
- Don't stack together anymore.
Summon Creature VII to IX:
- Players can now choose the type of elemental summoned using the /elementsum command. Example: /elementsum earth
Kali's Kamikaze Kobolds:
- Now works as described.
Energy Buffer:
- Can now be cast on others.
Earthquake:
- Cap of 20d6. Prone for 2 rounds on a failed save.
Energy Drain:
- Drain 4d8 levels.
Bombardment:
- Cap of 25d8.

Abilities
- Rallying Cry and Final Stand now truly have a 25 min refresh.
- Barbarian Rage refresh timer fixed.
- Divine Wrath now gives the correct AB/Saves/Damage bonus at HD25+
- Fixed wildshape forms abilities being unusable if your first level wasn't Druid.
- DC of shifter's medusa shape petrification gaze lowered.
- DC of shifter's spectre energy drain lowered. Drain effect enhanced.
- Wildshape's Dragon breath damage slightly lowered.
- Shifter forms abilities CL fixed for Harpy Cry, Mindblast, Imp. Invisibility.

Feats
Spell Focus: Conjuration
- Non-undead creatures summoned by summon spells now have +4 to all physical stats. (This counts towards the +12 cap)
Greater Spell Focus: Conjuration
- Non-undead creatures summoned by summon spells now have +8 to all physical stats. (This counts towards the +12 cap)
Epic Spell Focus: Conjuration
- Non-undead creatures summoned by summon spells now have +12 to all physical stats. (This counts towards the +12 cap)

Spell Focus: Necromancy
- Undead creatures summoned by summon spells now have +4 to all physical stats. (This counts towards the +12 cap)
Greater Spell Focus: Necromancy
- Undead creatures summoned by summon spells now have +8 to all physical stats. (This counts towards the +12 cap)
Epic Spell Focus: Necromancy
- Undead creatures summoned by summon spells now have +12 to all physical stats. (This counts towards the +12 cap)

Scripts
- Fixed Ranger AC checking for the wrong armor type.
- Potential fix to the Ranger debuff bug. Please test it and report!
- Fixed Swordmage keeping its AC bonus when using a 2 handed weapon or ranged weapon.
- Optimised a script that checked for PCs epic spells.
- Potential fix to the server-wide chat bug.
- Fixed a bug that led to skin properties stacking back onto the player skin when using wildshape. Affected players need to get in touch with a DM ingame to get a new skin.
- Fixed an issue where the builder module sent messages about deprecated scripts repeatedly (Ray)

Utility
- Added new DM commands to let DMs add and remove Epic Spell Feats to and from player characters.
- Added a new NPC DMs can spawn to let players archive their characters. (Thanks to Fox who had it fully coded already!)
- Added a new NPC DMs can spawn to let players rename their characters. (Thanks to Fox who had it fully coded already!)
- Added a new variable for DMs and dungeon builders to use. Enemies might be learning some player tricks...
- Modified the DM Export tool to allow DMs to backup their quest areas on the Event server to mitigate losses from server crashes (Ray)
Updates and Roadmap / Re: CD Hak Changelog
Last post by SpacePope - May 07, 2024, 11:42 AM
CD4 Hak Update v4.02b2
.2da
- Arcane Fire and Blast Infidel now truly infinite.
- Fixed up wrong AC values for druid wildshapes.
- Fixed up wrong appearance value for female non-epic spider wildshape.
- Slight adjustment to some wildshape stats (mainly lowering some).
- Lizardfolk form found its missing tail.

.tlk
- Summon creature VII to IX updated with information on how to use the new /elementsum command.
- Energy Buffer description updated.
- Earthquake description updated.
- Bombardment description updated.
- Energy Drain description updated.
- Mass Haste description updated (spell school was wrong).
- Spell Focus feats description updated for Conjuration and Necromancy.
Player Announcements / Blackheart Update - 2024
Last post by Blackheart - May 04, 2024, 11:34 AM

Blackheart Update - 2024

Hey everyone!

I've been asked quite a few questions privately over the last few months - and each of them have been fantastic. So fantastic, in fact, that I wish to share some of the public-relevant ones and offer an explanation of what my CD plans are for 2024.

It's been a bit of a rough patch for me over the last 2ish months or so. The world got a bit crazy (which meant my work and sleep schedule got torched), I had to rewrite my novel, and I cancelled my last plot (ARTA) due to technical issues.

Understandably, this led a lot of people to ask: Am I quitting CD? Will I quit DMing?

Answer: No! Quitting CD has never even crossed my mind, nor has quitting DMing. The technical issue was simply too much of an issue to continue a plot. When I run plots with multiple groups and varied schedules, timing is so important. One group being delayed begets every other group being delayed. Things go out of order. Schedules change. Delay delay delay. People forget things. I forget things. Setups get ruined. I cut setups short. Plot quality suffers. Still crash anyway. Despair.

So, then, I've been asked: "Are you going to run plots again? Is TOAFK still on the table? If so, when?"

Answer: Yes, and yes! I will start running plots again when I'm comfortable in the technical integrity of the server. Which, I hear, has made substantial discoveries and progress thanks to the efforts of the staff members who have been working on it. TOAFK is still, at present, planned to start signups in the Fall, and then start events in Winter.

People have reached out and excited about TOAFK, which is fantastic (and for more information on this, you can find it here)! I'm always happy to receive questions and comments about it. Aside from "when and where can I sign up," I've been asked: "is there anything I can do to get ready for the plot? Is there something my character can be involved in to effect the way the plot will start?"

Answer: Yes, and yes!... but not yet. I need the server to be stable before that can happen, because just like with DoM, I'll be running prequel plots for a few groups.

In more heartwarming news, I've been asked a few times: "Do you want help running the plot?"

Answer: Unlike with DoM, yes! This time, I will be accepting the help of fellow staff members who would like to volunteer to run plots/groups. And, as per usual, I will also be enlisting the help of builders who would be willing to craft areas for plot use. I'll be putting out a signup for such efforts in Summer.

So, thank you to everyone who has reached out and been kind and supportive - and sorry to those who were negatively impacted by my cancellation of ARTA. I'll be doing my best to get back to fun plotting and excitement in the near future.

... And speaking of un plotting and excitement in the near future...

Consider this an announcement/confirmation that the Wandering Storyteller will be returning to Cormyr this Summer!

We'll be slashing swords and slinging spells amidst the greatest battles Faerun has ever seen! Learn the history of the Forgotten Realms; face off against the greatest villains (or heroes) in the multiverse; and, most importantly of all... get some sweet, sweet DM items!

I look forward to running some more fun for everyone soon! :D

- Blackheart
General Discussion / Re: Forlorn Elves Question
Last post by morena - Apr 29, 2024, 08:02 AM
My main character started out as a forlorn elf. Or at least a forlorn-ish elf, with some knowledge of Elven culture, but very little connection to it.

There are no hard rules on how to stop being forlorn."Forlorn" is not a mechanical status, or a tag, or a flag, or anyting like that. There are no apps required to recognise the change, and there is no quest requirement. It all depends on how you want to roleplay it, which I personally think is the perfect way for handling it rules-wise. Becoming part of the elven community is a long-term RP goal that can be realised in quests, but it is also a very viable goal for RP outside of quests.

There are some things you MIGHT want to do. For example, learning Elven as a language if the character doesn't know it already (with an IC tutor). Or learning more about the Elven community through RP with other players. Or using RP to source more information on the Elven pantheon, possibly having the character convert eventually (depending on what the character's classes are, this particular thing might require a DM quest/approval). Or becoming more active in the local community (such as participating in elf-centric events like the Aelous or elf-centric plotlines).

Quests, are, of course, a possible and uniquely valuable avenue for character development, but are not strictly needed to progress elf-ification :)
General Discussion / Re: Forlorn Elves Question
Last post by Plot Lost - Apr 28, 2024, 10:45 PM
I have not been on this server long enough to answer your question... But I have encountered this question here and there, and around and around.

When it comes to Forlorn elves, and I presume you mean elves not raised by elves here, I suppose it all depends on several factors such as... How old is your own character, and how welcoming the local community of elves are. For example, if your elf has already lived a century or more with the shorter lived races, watched several generations of his friends and family grow old and die, it is easy to imagine how such a character would be rather morose indeed. That is, someone who could be described as either sullenly melancholy; gloomy, or of a sour temper; sullen and austere; ill-humored; severe. Such a person would, understandably be hard to approach, and perhaps would not even desire to associate with other elves who are just prancing around without a seeming worry in the world. Thus in such a case, I would imagine such a character would need to encounter an elf who really wishes to save a fellow elf who knows not of who he his, an elf who does not understand his own heritage. With such a character, I would probably make a Leto request for the removal of the racial language: Elven, so that it can be learned if such an individual can be found on the server.

If your character is of younger age, if your character has set out into the world at a younger age to search for his own kind, well, then ultimately I think it would be just a matter of joining some local elven player faction, or retiring early to live in one of the elven towns found on the server.

And if your elf is a drow or half-drow... I think the lore-appropriate difficulty ramps up quite a bit. After all, I think I have read some lore than killing a half-drow on encounter is actually a sign of mercy, and full-blooded drow would just kill a lone drow unless that forlorn drow can be used as some form of a barbarian slave... 
General Discussion / Forlorn Elves Question
Last post by aalnyar - Apr 28, 2024, 02:03 PM
If an Elf is a forlorn elf from what I have read it's an elf that has no connection to their Elven heritage; how does one go from forlorn status to knowing your heritage? is there like a quest that needs to be requested? what is CD stance on such an elf and how do they get brought back into the fold so to speak.

Thanks
Updates and Roadmap / Re: CD Module Changelog v2
Last post by SpacePope - Apr 28, 2024, 01:55 PM
CD Module v4.11d1
This update includes changes to many elements affecting mechanical balance of the server. Considering the amount of changes, there may be oversights. Be warned that numbers may be tweaked once we've had time to see how it all looks once tested live.

Areas/Module content
Arabel East:
- The refugee crisis is now over. Area has been updated. (Thanks Koffie!)

Thunderstone:
- Initial revamp of the area, refugees are settling back into the area. More updates to come. (Thanks FireWraith!)

Yulash:
- Blue Draykn has been entirely revamped. (Thanks Nokteronoth!)

Underdark:
- Various fixes to Maerimydra
- Fixed an hostile NPC in Maerimydra South
- Fixed floating placeables in player home - Amethyst Keep

Eveningstar:
- Tressym's Meow shop is now accessible.

Hullack Forest -  Wanton Wyvern Inn Exterior:
- Teleport point fixed.

Spell changes

- All cantrips are now unlimited use. UNLIMITED POWER!

Awaken:
- Added to ranger spellbook. Level 4.
- Now provides: +1 constitution, strength and dexterity per 2 caster level. +2 shield, armour, deflection, and natural armor class, +1 per 4 caster level. +1d10 wisdom and +2 to attack rolls. +20% non-physical immunity +1% per caster level.
Explanation: This is a bandaid fix to make Animal Companions usable, as they've long been useless on the server. The immunity is to compensate for the AI not knowing how to dodge away from danger, and numbers may definitely be changed in future updates if this feels over or undertuned once people have time to test it.

Whirlwind:
- Bosses are now immune to Whirlwind's crowd control effect.

Tongues:
- Can now be cast as a Silent, Still, or Quickened spell.

Planar Ally:
- Now correctly gets an increased duration with Spell Focus in conjuration.
- Now uses the Summoning Books system to select the summoned creature.

Shadow double:
- Double now spawns with a Premonition effect DR shield of the caster level if summoned by a CL 15+ arcane caster, so the unbuffed double doesn't get instantly squished.
- Shadow Adepts summoning a shadow Double now benefit from double the duration.

New Spells
Iceberry & Flameberry
- Druid 3/Ranger 2: Enchants the user's animal companion, granting it +1d10 cold (or fire) damage, regeneration of 1 hit point per round, and 10/- cold (or fire) damage resistance. 1 turn per level duration.

Mass Longstrider
- Druid 5/Ranger 4: Mass version of the Longstrider spell.

Abilities
Recharge timers have been added to some abilities. These work like the Tempest's Flurry cooldown: that is, the recharge timer begins once the ability is used (i.e. -not- when its duration expires), and each charge is gained back according to when it was last used. This means you can still quickly spend all charges of an ability if it has more than one, and you'll gain back all of these once the recharge timer is up, or you can stagger usage to favor a rolling recharge of ability uses.

Arcane Fire:
- Cooldown removed

Blast Infidel:
- Cooldown removed

Barbarian Rage:
- 25 minutes recharge

Divine Wrath:
- +3 ab/saves +1d6 damage
- +5 ab/saves +2d6 damage at HD 20
- Damage resistance now scales with HD, not PRC level. Scales from 10/+3 to 25/+7 at HD 25.
- Duration now 5 + 1 round per Charisma modifier
- 10 minutes recharge
- Now instant use

Elaborate Parry:
- 2x/day
- 50 minutes recharge
- NUI metadata added.

Lay on Hand:
- 10 minutes recharge
Smite Evil:
- 2x/day, 4x with Extra Smiting
- 10 minutes recharge

Smite Good:
- 2x/day, 4x with Extra Smiting
- 10 minutes recharge

Undead Graft:
- DC changed to Palemaster Level + Highest of Charisma or Intelligence modifier
- 10 minutes recharge

Deathless Master Touch:
- DC changed to Palemaster Level + Highest of Charisma or Intelligence modifier
- 15 minutes recharge

Shadow Daze:
- Duration now 2 rounds per SD level
- 5 minutes recharge
Shadow Evade:
- DR now scales from +3 to +6 instead of +2 to +5
- 20 minutes recharge

Song of Celerity:
- 4 minutes recharge

Feint Mastery:
- 15 minutes recharge

Rallying Cry:
- 25 minutes recharge
Inspire Courage:
- 20 minutes recharge
War Cry:
- 10 minutes recharge
Oath of Wrath:
- 10 minutes recharge
Final Stand:
- 25 minutes recharge

Perfect Self:
- 20/+4 DR instead of 20/+1
Stunning Fist:
- Duration now back to the pre-EE 3 rounds
Empty Body:
- 1x/day
- Duration now 1 turn per 2 monk levels
- 20 minutes recharge
Wholeness of Body:
- Now heals an amount equal to 10% of the monk's max HP x the monk's Wisdom mod.
- 10 minutes recharge

Seeker Arrow:
- 15 minutes recharge
Arrow of Death:
- 15 minutes recharge
Hail of Arrows:
- Now adds 1d6 dmg per Arcane Archer level on top of the current damage
- 15 minutes recharge

Scripts
Minor fix for compatibility with NWN build 36-13
Tweak to the Maerimydra portal script. Duergars can now enter.
Fix to some admin commands. (Thanks FireWraith!)
Fix to some misassigned constants.
Fixed prototype elevation script in Castle Truesilver. (Thanks Raysiel!)

Wildshape rework
This update includes a complete rework of druid and shifter's wildshape, aiming at giving the two classes a stronger identity with two diverging paths to follow. The goal of this rework is also to fix most of the remaining issues, bugs, and general mechanical weirdness associated with wildshape.

Considering the amount of changes made, numbers may be adjusted later on. Everything has been tested, but there could be bugs. Please report them in the #bugs channel of the Discord if you find any.

RELEVELS/REBUILDS ARE NEEDED FOR:
- Druids who have Dragon Shape. ONLY those who had dragon shape. Non-dragon shape druids are fine.
- Shifters.

Currently existing shifter characters who wish to keep to a more spellcasting-focused playstyle may relevel to druid.

DM ITEMS:
In accordance with how such massive class changes have been handled in the past, currently existing shifters who had spellcasting focused items may post in the Replacing DM Items board to ask for a one-time edit to their affected DM items. Note that this only applies to spellcasting-focused stats like Bonus Spellslots that are now unusable.

Summary of the changes:
- Shifter now has no Caster Level progression.
- Shifter now gains full AB progression.
- Tumble added to the Shifter skill list.
- Armor Class (AC) merging from items now fully takes gear into account. This should lead to an AC progression curve through the levels and gear tier that more closely ressemble what other characters can expect.
- Weapon Focus: Unarmed and associated feats now automatically provide the right focus for weapon using forms. This means a shifter should focus on Unarmed feats to enhance their melee capabilities.
- Stat rebalance of all forms.
- Innate Dodge AC entirely removed from -every- shape.
- Form abilities' DC now scale with the players' Wisdom.
- Many models swapped to higher quality ones.
- Druid AC bonus now adds both Druid and Shifter levels. Still +2 at 5 and +4 at 10.
- Dragon Shape is now a shifter exclusive capstone.
- Epic Wildshape is now a (new) druid exclusive capstone giving access to Elder Treant, Myconid Sovereign, and Mist Dragon form.
- All abilities become infinite use past the level you'd have infinite use of the form. (You already had infinite use, but this prevent having to constantly unshift/shift for QoL)
- Backend change to the way gendered forms are chosen, using work done by Fox for Drider form. Simplified some of polymorph.2da and the wildshape script.

Shape specific changes (other than stat changes):
Druid:

Panther form
- Replaced with cougar form.

Boar form
- Replaced with raven form.

Earth Elemental:
- Can now Hurl Rocks.

Epic Wildshape
- Requires epic character, 26+ Wisdom and Wild Shape 6x/day.
- Replacement for Dragon Shape.
- Treant has an AoE Entangle ability that does slashing damage and can hurl rocks. Similar skin to the elementals. Vulnerable to fire.
- Myconid has a corrosive spores ability that dazes foes and does acid damage. Similar skin to the elementals. Vulnerable to fire.
- Mist Dragon has Corrosive (acid) breath, Scalding (fire) breath, and Gust of Wind as abilities. Similar skin to the shifter dragon. Immune to fire and acid.

Shifter:
Wyrmling
- All breaths now do the same amount of damage.

Harpy:
- Charm -> Daze.
- Daze duration doubled for the epic version.
- Daze radius increases to 8.33m at epic.

Basilisk
- Now a Krenshar. Fear gaze, 5 round duration. 10 at epic.

Minotaur
- Non-epic and epic version now both use a greataxe.

Manticore
- Spikes ability only targets enemies.
- Cap upped to 8.

Drider
- Now a Dire Spider. Giant spider at epic (slightly bigger model, enhanced stats, and a stronger bite).
- AoE Web Ability.

Dire Tiger
- Now an Umber Hulk.
- Confusion Gaze ability. 2d3 rounds duration. DC increases at Shifter level 16+

Mindflayer:
- Psionic Barrier now has turn/level duration. 20/+7, 10*shifter level shield.
- Mindblast now does Shifter level/2 d6 damage, instead of /3. DC increases at Shifter level 16+.
- Mindblast duration now 2d3 rounds.

Undead Forms:
- Requirement changed: 24+ Wisdom.
- Turn Resistance added to every forms.
- Risen Lord now uses a Greatsword. Goodbye x4 crits.
- Spectre has the same invisibility changes as Kobold.

Rakshasa:
- Spells changed to fit the loss of CL scaling. Now uses shifter levels only for scaling.
- Rakshasa dispel replaced with a new version, capped at 20 Caster Level.
- Lost its staff.

Slaad:
- Chaos Spittle changed to 1d4+1d4/Shifter level

Azer:
- Now a Lupinar.
- Has access to Hold Monster, Healing Circle, and Magic Circle vs Evil.
- Spells use Shifter levels for CL.

Construct Shapes
- Removed.

Epic Kobold:
- Invisibility now Improved Invisibility.
- Duration is 10 rounds.
- Metadata added for the NUI.

Dragon Shape:
- Requirement changed: Wisdom 26+ and Shifter level 14+.
- All breaths now do the same amount of damage, except Poison which does less due to the poison on-hit. DC improves with wisdom modifier.
- Stats adjusted: maximum AB/AC should be similar to what it was in a party, with self-buffed dragon shifters losing around 4 AB compared to the current status.
Updates and Roadmap / Re: CD Hak Changelog
Last post by SpacePope - Apr 28, 2024, 01:55 PM
CD4 Hak Update v4.02b1

TLK
Fixed description of Summon Creature V to IX
Updated description of Tailor Memories.
Updated description of Blast Infidel.
Updated description of Arcane Fire.
Updated description of Awaken.
Updated .tlk to fit the changes announced in CD Module v4.11d1.

2da/Class/Spell fixes
Fixed bugged class prerequisites. Revert of part of some previous changes from 4.11c7.
Removed the Elder Evils Pantheon.
.2da data added for Iceberry, Flameberry and Mass Longstrider.
.2da edits to polymorph.2da, spells.2da and feats.2da for the wildshape changes.

Certain robes now show belt parts for further customization (Thanks Nibbles!):
#31, 32, 33, 35, 38, 39, 40, 42, 45, 46, 48, 49, 50, 53, 101, 103, 104, 105, 106, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 121, 130, 131, 132, 133, 162, 163, 164, 165
Admin Announcements / Re: Transparency - Player Bans
Last post by Fire Wraith - Apr 27, 2024, 04:11 PM
The player "SurveyofDarkness" and a few other aliases has been banned from the server for continued issues related to IC and OOC harassment/metagaming of multiple other players. While we try to avoid having to remove people where disagreements and personality clashes come into play, in this particular instance we felt we had no choice when the behavior continued after the player was warned about it, and instead spread to other players leading to continued complaints. Unfortunately when something escalates to this level, we're left with little choice but to remove the disruptive player before other players feel they don't have any recourse other than to quit playing.

This isn't a decision we make easily, and it comes with a lot of deliberation, which is oftentimes why it seems like we're slow to act - but please be assured we're going to prioritize keeping this a place where people feel they can safely play and tell their stories.
Ask the Staff Anything / Re: Craft Wands, Scrolls, Poti...
Last post by Plot Lost - Apr 23, 2024, 07:30 AM
I see. Well, six rounds of duration would be better than three, because three round duration kind of makes it so that you need to keep holding onto the wand in off hand lest you risk the chance of losing several rounds of combat to equipment swapping back and forth.