Main Menu

So much for fair

Started by nightsong, Apr 08, 2021, 12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightsong

This was the answer too my app it took me 4 days too write

After careful consideration of the race in question and their place in the setting, we do not at this time believe that this character will fit into the server's climate. This decision was reached after a review of past roleplay as well as current trends in communication, responsiveness, and attitude. To put it simply, we do not believe that this character will be a good fit for the server at this time. Please feel free to apply in the future for a less controversial race, or reapply for this one again once you have found a more comfortable place in the playerbase.

This was the answer I got. Okay from what I was told as long as I could rp the character and filled out the app. It did not matter if my concept was controversial or had anything too do with comfort of the player base. So 30 day's of active play wich I did I even made a new charcater because my sun elf was not well recived as tradintoal sun elf. I really do not understand what more was required. So since I offended some players Rping my charcter this is I am guessing this is what I should excpept . We wouldnt want too upset anyone ? And the race in question I know of at least one. So how does that work as contoversial ? 

I feel my applaction was unfairly denied due admins and dm hurts feelings over my rp. I can list them if you wish. I also bellive my applaction was also denied over an arugemt with arya on discord. 

nightsong

I will also add if this was atempt too curve my Rp. i will be on everyday from now with my sneering sun elf triel . See you in game

hyrulee

Hello! I just wanted to pop in and say that I know how it feels to have an application denied. But there is always a reason behind denial. In my case, I had mistakenly requested something that wasn't possible. Bella was kind enough to approach me and tried her best to make the application work, however in the end it was decidedly scrapped. Perhaps take this as an opportunity to review your application and take into consideration the feedback you received from the admins. :)

nightsong

After careful consideration of the race in question and their place in the setting, we do not at this time believe that this character will fit into the server's climate. This decision was reached after a review of past roleplay as well as current trends in communication, responsiveness, and attitude. To put it simply, we do not believe that this character will be a good fit for the server at this time. Please feel free to apply in the future for a less controversial race, or reapply for this one again once you have found a more comfortable place in the playerbase. This why my app was denied .... And the race I wanted is allowed since there a few others out there. I took into consideration and came too conclsioun it was denied over butt hurt players and dm pc's as well as my argument with arya . This part stands out

or reapply for this one again once you have found a more comfortable place in the playerbase. This tell's me it was denied based on bisais . Not the app

Garage Trashcan

It is strongly encouraged that you air any grievances about your application or the application process directly with the admins and SDMs. If you talk with them, they can give you more specific information on why your app may have been denied so you know what to work on if you wanted to reapply in the future. If you're not comfortable replying directly to the PM they sent you, you can use this handy form instead to record your complaint!

forums.cormyrdalelands.com/index.php?topic=10353?page=1&scrollTo=72307
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Duncan Rittman - Winter's Herald
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Deleted

Since you have decided at this time to make this public, then I will respond publicly further:

Nowhere, at any time, do we guarantee an application would be approved.  We base our approval process expecting a level of maturity and cooperation that shows that you can handle the consequences of playing the character concept you applied for.  Fey'ri have a very specific set of lore, and are on the list of possible to permakill if found out publicly.  Given your overtly hostile reaction to every ruling that admins and DMs have given, you have not shown a responsible level of maturity that would lend us to believe that you would handle the negative outcomes of your roleplay.  This thread is proof of that, as you single out a DM who gave you a reminder about the Discord rules and you then attacked personally regarding said reminder.  This is not bias.  This is the consequence of your own actions.

Secondly, the DM staff is allowed to provide feedback on applications.  However, decisions regarding applications are done by the Admin team as a whole.  We reached the decision on this application by consensus--meaning all four admins agreed regarding the decision and reasoning.  If you wish to discuss the matter further, you may respond via PMs to any of us (, , , and/or myself).

This thread is closed.