Main Menu

swordmage unite

Started by psieco, Jan 27, 2022, 05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psieco

Everybody knows how build wiz, cleric, fighter and etc
Then, let discuss better build to awesome class that only have in this server and we love play with, the swordmage.
Amazing work that server do with class and prestige classes.
Congrats the dev that bring this amazing part to the server.
Topics
What atributes are important?
What feat?
what ac may reach?
What damage reach?
What itens should use?

Nokteronoth

If you'd prefer, we can chat live on the Discord #Mechanics_discussion, and I'd be happy to help you craft a build sheet with you.

~ SM wants 16-18 CHA, usually DEX or STR otherwise.
~ SM wants Empowered Arts and Practiced Incantations, usually their melee focus.
~ Dex SM's can hit mid 70s AC in epic levels, but 'it depends'.
~ SM damage depends highly on their weapon choice and what sort of gear they use, *and* if the person knows how to play NWN in general.
~ Items are dependent on overall build and goals, as well as what you find.

~BR

psieco

I will put here my problem.
I lvl up my sm 15 to lvl 16 but dont have the option to i chose sm and continue my progression in the class. What i do?

Garage Trashcan

psieco Avatar
I will put here my problem.
I lvl up my sm 15 to lvl 16 but dont have the option to i chose sm and continue my progression in the class. What i do?
Swordmage is limited to 15 levels pre-epic

forums.cormyrdalelands.com/index.php?msg=62219/thread
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Duncan Rittman - Winter's Herald
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

psieco

can explain better?
And other quest : what class our prestige class is more suitable to sm?

Terallis

Explanation is exactly as it's said by Garage Trashcan.

Swordmage is a base class, but it's also not a full class. While normal base classes can go pure class all the way to 30, Swordmage can only have 15 levels before epic, and another 5 levels in epic levels. By level 30, Swordmage has a cap of 20 levels, total.

As for prestige classes that are suitable, it all depends on how the character is built. I've seen Swordmage go well with things like Divine Champion, for instance. But that's only a specific focus. I'd strongly suggest speaking with Nok in Discord, as he mentioned, seeing as he's one of the server's strongest builders in terms of character builds.

psieco

Hello other quest:
SwordMage can cast epic spell?

Fox²

Swordmages cannot learn epic spells, as epic spells require being able to cast 9th level spells which Swordmages don't get.
Retired. Periodically around behind the scenes for backend server infrastructure support.

psieco

Greater Spellshield (W)*: As Greater Spellmantle. where is this spell of incantations 5 of sm?
Now that i know that greater spellsheild was removed, a good soul can say me what encantion have in lvl 6? One thing that i see is that starfury is too weak compared with spells of low lvl like fireball and bolt of SM (i know isnt theyr names)
Thanks

psieco

I belive that is there a spell bugged... arcane blade, say spell : " sm ad in theyr weapon 1d 6+ 2 per caster lvl", but i not noticed this plus of damagen when i cast this spell at my blade. Somebody know more about this spell?

Fox²

psieco Avatar
I belive that is there a spell bugged... arcane blade, say spell : " sm ad in theyr weapon 1d 6+ 2 per caster lvl", but i not noticed this plus of damagen when i cast this spell at my blade. Somebody know more about this spell?

Forum description is correct:
Arcane Blade (W): (5x/day) The Swordmage imbues their weapon with 1d6 + CHA Mod (Max 10) Magical damage.

Ignore all descriptions in-game for spells, classes, skills, feats, etc. They're all out of date, as per the journal warning.
Retired. Periodically around behind the scenes for backend server infrastructure support.

psieco

hello!
i saw that have a new class that can subclaas of sm, is the tempest; but sm cant use two weapons at same time.

Edge

Tempest is not related at all to Swordmage, and combining them is not recommended. Tempest is a class that focuses on dual-wielding, and as you said SM needs to keep one hand free to use their abilities.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda