Main Menu

New starter tips resource

Started by snorriht, Mar 27, 2022, 07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snorriht

G'day,

I did a new starter tips page for my old server, back in the day. It's success was down to being a simple meta resource to jump start a new player. It did not replicate information already available. It was about where to find information, how to ask questions, setting expectations and respect, so everyone can have a good experience.

If this resource is already available and I've missed, then please disregard this post.

Otherwise, please let me know your thoughts. The intention is for the tips to be lean enough, to be pinned in a discord group.

Jazzmyra

IIRC this was suggested before, and the basic consensus was that it'd take away from RP potential. You already have the "Welcome" quest chain (a lot more introduction than about a year ago)and most other things are easy hooks to do some simple RP in the square and such.

DubiousScroll

The ultimate tip:

Buy as many Summon Creature III scrolls as you can afford if you can cast them.  Levels 1-8 of this server are "Praise be, Dire Wolf, take the wheel."

snorriht

Hahahah! That is very good advice Whiskey, but not what I had in mind ;-)

torgrimmerr

One thing I learn quick and was advised to me; Do the sewers quest first to kill rats for xp, also if completed the gold reward is worth it bc one thing i suggest after the sewers you'll need health potions, and the gold from the sewers will get you started.