Main Menu

Gladiator League

Started by dom101, Oct 14, 2014, 11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dom101

So, I've been playing with this idea for awhile now and I'd like to put it out there to see how much interest there is in it.  Basically Bass wants to get something started IC that will include as many people as possible.  Regardless personal opinions.  It includes funding and organizing a league for gladiators to fight and win prizes (IE: Items) and gold.  Considering he's a battle priest, this makes the most sense.

• The levels are anyone 20 and below can participate, though if the teams are mis-matched either by level or ECL handicaps will be discussed on a case by case basis.  The League council will discuss further.
  • Epic level characters can indeed be involved, in that they are welcome to start teams.  250k gold to be paid to the league for each team, this gold being used toward payouts.  
  • Each team will consist of one fighter/rogue class like build and one caster build.  
  • Each team can have no more than 3 PC's. 
  • Should a level 20 become epic during the regular season, they must forfeit their place on the team.  If they become epic during a play off series, they are allowed to finish out the series.  
  • Team owners are responsible for naming their team.
  • Each team owner will have a vote on the league council, which will count toward league rulings / guidelines and the approval of new members to the league.
  • Initial creation of the league will involve a draft period, where team owners will pick from a pool of players.
  • Team owners are allowed to trade players up until play-off series begins.
  • Anyone epic level can own a team, so long as they have no less than 2 and no more than 3 players on said team.

If I can get 10 people interested in being players, and 5 epics interested in owning a team, we can get this going and start another IC thread to orchestrate a set-up and schedule.  This is a minimum.  If we have more people than this interested, we'll adjust the stats as necessary.

Owners:
  • Marziima
  • Sophia
  • Peppyr
  • Ife
  • Hydaro

Players:
  • Voss
  • Amizel Dulsaerna
  • Sin-Mat
  • Nikki
  • Geno
  • Galas
  • Mouse
  • Velenya
  • Nikolai
  • Danax Kallos

UPDATE:  We've reached our bare minimum.  We're still taking more people that will be interested, feel free to post.

The Red Mage

I'll sign up marziima as an owner if need be. Otherwise I'm comfortable handling pvp topside if a dm is needed.

Hopefully I get my pc fixed today.

sornduskryn

Sophia would like to own a team, because epic levels.  

sinisteromnibus

Voss would participate as a player. 14 fighter build (18 after ecl). Also, this seems like a fun idea and makes sense for a Tempuran. Kudos on thinking it up.

bknuckles

If non-epics can own a team, Ife can be a tentative owner? She's got enough to fund/sponsor a team.

Edge

Kestal has no interest in owning a team, but if you need judges or coordinators, she's your gal.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Yaldabaoth

Sin-Mat-Ikali would be interested. Level 14 (17 with ECL) rogueish fighterish type

Goat

Peppyr would totally own a team, or be a judge, or be a vendor!

Garage Trashcan

does that mean TEAM GARAGOS needs to find a sponsor?
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Duncan Rittman - Winter's Herald
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

dom101

By the way guys, anyone can join this if they want.  It's another attempt to get everyone I can involved in RP that more than a few have said I restrict to my 'clique'.  

Valimar Dragonbane

I'd toss my hat into the ring with one of my characters, if I could figure out which of them would be interested in arena based combat.  I'll edit this later once I've had a good look through my vault.
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Deleted

Cara would sponsor a team.  She has two rules... finish what you start, and don't lose.  ;)

Edit:  Hrm... or... well, I have a tempermental Tormish caster who might back up her Tempurran buddy if he gets interested.  Hold off on signups for now.

The Red Mage

I could have w.m. sponsor team nice and polite!

I can fill in with characters or topside as needed. I'm worried about casters though unless you got some good ideas on that. Normally caster fights on this server is won by whoever jumps the count first.

dom101

I intend for the teams to all have a caster and a melee type, so it comes down to tactics more than simply who ever gets the jump.  And like I mentioned, if a high level team faces a low level team, there'll be handicaps imposed, that way it's not ridiculously one sided.  I aim mostly for this to be something people 14 - 18 can get involved in as players, and epics aren't left out with the opportunity to own teams.  Trouble I'm seeing now, is the lack of interest by mid level characters to join as players.

bknuckles

WELL: To help out your cause, I can say that /if/ Ptolema is an adequate level by the time this happens, I will volunteer her in place of Ife as owner. Is that fair?