Main Menu

Legacy Player I suppose

Started by Anidith, Feb 08, 2023, 04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anidith

My mother played here on the original there might be some that remember her character Anadith Arabimitore. Like her I have had a love of D&D and have play a few RPG's and a few MMORPG's. And have recently been playing Baldur's Gate III. I stumbled across NWN enhanced just tonight (2/7) while browsing Steam, remembering how much she enjoyed playing here with her online friends, and how much comfort the game brought her in her final days. Now that I am getting ready to retire, I decided to try and capture that myself. I am thinking of recreate her Avatar in her honor if that would be ok to the Admin's. I have had trouble joining the server keeps asking for a talk table I am sure I downloaded eveything and I put the all the right files in override and haks but maybe someone could suggest something I misplaced.

Fiona Murray
"You don't need princes to save you. I don't have a lot of patience for stories in which women are rescued by men."
― Neil Gaiman,

Arya

Hello!

And I have fond memories of your mother. I was playing a forlorn elf and she was inviting me to elven events, even knowing her background and me being unsure if my character would be welcome. This was during the pre-Rebirth era of this server, and she was one of the people through her kindness who convinced me to stick around the server (even if I took a break before committing to an elven noble). It is good to see you.

Welcome to the community. Your mother is missed and well-loved by many who played back then.

Best,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Vincent07

Welcome!  

Fiona is well remembered by those of us who were around back then.  I have no issues if you wish to take up playing your mother's character.  

As far as the talk table, it's referring to the .tlk file which should have been bundled with the 2da hak file zip, so likely it ended up in the hak folder by mistake. You'll want to move it to the tlk folder.  We also have a server Discord if you need assistance in more real-time.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Fire Wraith

Welcome as well! Yes, we can get that set up. Once you've created a character (can be anything, just as long as we know what the name is) we can put the appropriate files in your character folder on the server.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Sir Ven

:) welcome.   I knew and played with your mother, she was a wonderful person.   It's absolutely made my day to see you here and be reminded of her.

Welcome, welcome.  I can't stress enough, "welcome".

Anidith

Thank you all for such a warm and wonderful welcome. While I can trully say that I am amazed at how fondly she is remembered, I knew she was special to me, but to see how much of an impression she made on others just brings back some very fond memories, to the point I had to have as she would say "a wee cry". To Fire Wraith, I have created a character with the name Anadith Arabimitore, while I tried to do my best to recreate her it was hard as I don't have any screen shots amongst her notes. Thank you again for allowing me to bring her back. I love you all.
Fiona
"You don't need princes to save you. I don't have a lot of patience for stories in which women are rescued by men."
― Neil Gaiman,

Fire Wraith

Oh, we have the original somewhere. I'll restore them for you here in a minute, I just need to go find the files.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Fire Wraith

Or rather, to clarify - did you want to remake the character yourself, or would you like us to restore the character file from backups?

Anidith

If it would be possible to restore her I would appriciate it if not. I would be ok with starting over if I could just have what she looked like and her equipment leveled down appropriately.
― Neil Gaiman,

Vincent07

We can restore it.  Though given the age of the character file, and numerous hak changes since that time, it will need to be fully releveled, if not entirely rebuilt.  Similarly, we'll need to go through the inventory and appropriately color tag items.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Anidith

That sounds great. Just let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Meanwhile I'll create one of my own to explore and get used to the interface (it is quite different than what I am used to :) )
― Neil Gaiman,

Fire Wraith

I've gone ahead and moved the files from your mother's old vault over. Let me know if you want any of them removed, it's easily done. They would need to be releveled by a DM in game, as Vincent mentioned, as they predate NWN EE and the latest fixes/changes.

Anidith

You can delete all but Anidith and Fraynheir I have logged on with both and think those are the ones I wish to keep I hope everything in their inventories are ok I give permission to remove anything that doesn't work or apply here any longer.
― Neil Gaiman,