Main Menu

Where is Evereska?

Started by Melody, Aug 25, 2023, 09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

Hey everyone! I wanted to give an update on where Evereska is and to answer a few other questions, since I keep being asked and I know you're curious why it's taken so long!

Q: Is Evereska still happening?

Evereska is still happening. Don't worry! It's been delayed endlessly and I sincerely, deeply apologize for that. A combination of health issues, packing things to move to a new house IRL, work life taking precedence, a desire not to concurrently run Evereska when DoM is going, and certain other issues I won't get into have largely slowed down the process.

Q: When is Evereska happening?

Right now, it's delayed until my parents and I can move into our new house. There are some delays doing that involving getting the renovated home up to code, ensuring everything is packed, preparing the old house to look good enough to put on the market, etc. All standard stuff that occurs and inevitably slows things down. Until I'm moved into the new home, I don't want to risk starting Evereska, only to have to suddenly pause it again because the big moving days/weeks/whatever have begun.

I predict maybe September or October, November at the latest, but don't quote me on that. Things are fluid so I can't nail down a specific date.

Q: Why did you step down from sDM and other stuff? Is everything okay?

Yes, everything is okay! I stepped down from sDM because it's a lot of paperwork and right now, I need a break. I'm always happy to serve but sometimes putting my own needs first ... well, comes first. Most of the team and I are on excellent terms, so you needn't worry about that. Ladybug and Blackheart are both excellent and I specifically recommended them because I believe they'll do well as sDMs. The Admins are working hard to ensure CD remains a well-oiled machine and I'm quite pleased with how quickly they're working to handle things!

I decided to have Melody stand down as the effective face of the Scattered Stars Conservatory because while I am happy to support Dismus, he has been absent from CD for some time tending his family and IRL, and ultimately Melody's/my dreams lie in making her a true actress and playwright with her own grand opera house. Some of that has to wait on Fox to be available to build, so I'm effectively in a holding pattern until she's available (she's earned a break and she's super busy with more important updates, and I am in no rush. Please don't bother her about that, especially now that she has the added weight of Admin responsibilities). I'll be working on plays in the coming months to entertain people at the theatre inside Celebrithrade and Melody's home!

There are other side Discords I've pulled out of as well, but I haven't necessarily left the organizations. I'm just consolidating things for a while to take a mental break until all the craziness of my life is over.

Q: How many interviews do you have left to do?

I still need to interview the following PCs:

• Alvarelle Eilirnis
  • Cissnei Windwalker
  • Viola Zylralei
  • Aelrie Zylralei
  • Leona Grass
  • Victra Pera
  • Solfera'thal Ravenshadow
  • Turian Arborborne
  • Dream-Pouncer
  • Othorion Elbauthin
  • Simizael Holaleth
  • Maevelyn Brightmane

Please let me know if any of these individuals no longer play on CD or if they are no longer interested in the plot. For those who have yet to interview, please reach out to me so we can set up a date! I can continue conducting interviews while getting ready for the big move, so don't worry.

Progress is still being made with Evereska behind the scenes, with several different groups (Drow, Emerald Enclave, etc.) continuing to advance their pre-ATAE storylines. It may not look like it because I haven't started things with a bang, but the plot is still simmering and getting ready to explode into action.

Thanks for understanding, everyone. I deeply know how frustrating it is, and it comes across like I'm being lazy. I promise I'm not - sometimes there are seasons in life, storms, and all we can do is weather them until we have clear sailing. I'd very much like to start Evereska off once everything is settled so that I can give it my full, undivided attention. You all deserve that.

Much love,

Melody

"Hello, dashings and darlings!" - Melody