Main Menu

Mythal Background

Started by flayeriv, Nov 23, 2023, 11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flayeriv

Heyo!

So, I'm currently playing my character on the server, but there are some details I would like in the backstory that I've avoided having be present at this point.

The short of it, I would like this character to have been alive during the time of Myth Drannor. I don't want him to be connected to any major families or major characters from that time period, but I'd like for him to have been alive at that time. I would like my character's story to essentially be he lived through the fall, came to Silverymoon as a refugee, and has only rarely left since. This would, however, make him around 600-700 years old as an elf, however physically he would be under 200. In regards to age, this is taken from the 2e book on Cormanthyr and the powers of the Myth Drannor mythal.

Creatures who dwell within the mythal continuously for
more than five years are sustained and kept at a constant age
by the mythal (physical appearance and statistics are
ìfrozenî when the five-year minimum is reached). This bene-
fit is cancelled if the creature exits the mythal; if the individ-
ual returns, time accumulation starts anew. Once the effect
takes hold, an individual does not age; death might come only
from violence or an accident rather than natural aging or
bodily failure. Thus, even halflings and humans can survive
for centuries by living within the mythal

The mythal at Silverymoon had a anti-aging similar effect, and by having my character living almost his entire life in those two places,  This would make him roughly 600-700 years of age in terms of chronology, but under 200 physically.

Is this something I'm allowed to have for a backstory or will I need to come up with a different narrative for this character?

Fire Wraith

Hey,

So unfortunately this isn't the sort of thing we can allow, due to the fact that we have a firmly established rule that if one person can do or be something, then anyone else can, too. This is a necessary thing in order to keep stuff fair, but it does mean that some stuff that might otherwise be fine in a regular tabletop game where someone can be something unique, we have to disallow for this reason.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."