Main Menu

Taking my leave

Started by Jazzmyra, Jan 23, 2024, 07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazzmyra

I don't think it will come as a big surprise to most that know me / us that with Fox's departure I, too, will leave the server. 

Almost six years ago I started playing on CD, which started with an old friend from Neverwinter Online tell me about this server as I wanted to get into a "real" DnD experience. Which CD has provided a lot of. But ultimately, not the gameplay but the roleplay and possibilities for a character were what truly kept me on this server. My second ECL character, a Darksong knight, got her future read by a certain fortune teller, and this event marked the beginning of a very personal connection, which now spans over five years. While I'll miss both the IC and OOC interaction with others, I also have to admit that without Fox, it would not be the same for me and my characters would lack something important.

I appreciate everyone who was there for me during some of my most difficult times, from being in therapy because I had a breakdown, to being locked into a hospital for more than half a year due to chemotherapy. The server and its inhabitants have helped me a lot to find myself, and form myself, as a person and individual. I wish everyone a great future, and amazing times ahead, and hope to stay in contact with some of you. 

Glad to have been a part of the server for quite some time, and rest assured, it was an important part of my live I will think back on fondly. 

Jerec

Been a while since we talked, but I remember the NWO days fondly. I hope we'll see you around again sooner or later, though!

Arya

You will be very missed. You had been willing to listen to me when I struggled with some of my own stuff here, and you also were willing to take an extra step and voice concerns to the staff in some cases where I feared just not being heard because I just did not think I was for one reason or another. These things are not forgotten, and it will not be the same without you or Fox.

I hope we can all keep in touch, even if I understand some may pare contacts for less personal reasons.

Best,
Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow