Main Menu

Craft Wands, Scrolls, Potions

Started by Plot Lost, Apr 17, 2024, 09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plot Lost

Am I correct to assume that you cannot determine the caster level of these player created consumables?
You can only find me in game, or through forums. No Discord installed here.

Jonathan Bonathan Jovial

You cannot choose what the caster level is as it is a base Neverwinter Nights function that caster levels on consumables are preset. The NWN wiki lists these caster levels on the respective pages for each crafting feat, but that obviously does not have our custom spells limited. We currently do not have that information listed on our wiki that I am aware of which means that you'll have to do a bit of trial and error or find existing examples of those spells (be it in shops or drops).

Plot Lost

It is a shame I cannot get a wand of Silence with longer duration, but at least a wand of Greater Missile Storm could help you play a blaster caster. Thanks for the information!

Fury

Quote from: Plot Lost on Apr 22, 2024, 09:44 AMIt is a shame I cannot get a wand of Silence with longer duration, but at least a wand of Greater Missile Storm could help you play a blaster caster. Thanks for the information!

We have custom code that allows you to create metamagicked wands, so if you want a wand of silence with longer duration I'd suggesting making an extended wand of silence. You could also get an empowered missile storm wand for more blasting.
Fate is a four letter word...

Plot Lost

I see. Well, six rounds of duration would be better than three, because three round duration kind of makes it so that you need to keep holding onto the wand in off hand lest you risk the chance of losing several rounds of combat to equipment swapping back and forth.