Main Menu

Blackheart Update - 2024

Started by Blackheart, May 04, 2024, 11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

Blackheart Update - 2024

Hey everyone!

I've been asked quite a few questions privately over the last few months - and each of them have been fantastic. So fantastic, in fact, that I wish to share some of the public-relevant ones and offer an explanation of what my CD plans are for 2024.

It's been a bit of a rough patch for me over the last 2ish months or so. The world got a bit crazy (which meant my work and sleep schedule got torched), I had to rewrite my novel, and I cancelled my last plot (ARTA) due to technical issues.

Understandably, this led a lot of people to ask: Am I quitting CD? Will I quit DMing?

Answer: No! Quitting CD has never even crossed my mind, nor has quitting DMing. The technical issue was simply too much of an issue to continue a plot. When I run plots with multiple groups and varied schedules, timing is so important. One group being delayed begets every other group being delayed. Things go out of order. Schedules change. Delay delay delay. People forget things. I forget things. Setups get ruined. I cut setups short. Plot quality suffers. Still crash anyway. Despair.

So, then, I've been asked: "Are you going to run plots again? Is TOAFK still on the table? If so, when?"

Answer: Yes, and yes! I will start running plots again when I'm comfortable in the technical integrity of the server. Which, I hear, has made substantial discoveries and progress thanks to the efforts of the staff members who have been working on it. TOAFK is still, at present, planned to start signups in the Fall, and then start events in Winter.

People have reached out and excited about TOAFK, which is fantastic (and for more information on this, you can find it here)! I'm always happy to receive questions and comments about it. Aside from "when and where can I sign up," I've been asked: "is there anything I can do to get ready for the plot? Is there something my character can be involved in to effect the way the plot will start?"

Answer: Yes, and yes!... but not yet. I need the server to be stable before that can happen, because just like with DoM, I'll be running prequel plots for a few groups.

In more heartwarming news, I've been asked a few times: "Do you want help running the plot?"

Answer: Unlike with DoM, yes! This time, I will be accepting the help of fellow staff members who would like to volunteer to run plots/groups. And, as per usual, I will also be enlisting the help of builders who would be willing to craft areas for plot use. I'll be putting out a signup for such efforts in Summer.

So, thank you to everyone who has reached out and been kind and supportive - and sorry to those who were negatively impacted by my cancellation of ARTA. I'll be doing my best to get back to fun plotting and excitement in the near future.

... And speaking of un plotting and excitement in the near future...

Consider this an announcement/confirmation that the Wandering Storyteller will be returning to Cormyr this Summer!

We'll be slashing swords and slinging spells amidst the greatest battles Faerun has ever seen! Learn the history of the Forgotten Realms; face off against the greatest villains (or heroes) in the multiverse; and, most importantly of all... get some sweet, sweet DM items!

I look forward to running some more fun for everyone soon! :D

- Blackheart