Main Menu

Thank you for the positive Admin experience!

Started by Galena, Feb 09, 2020, 08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Ven

I wanted to take a moment this morning to raise a proverbial glass to Fox.  There's a great deal that I could try and list here, how they have contributed to CD and made it a better place, but I'd only forget something and fall short, I will keep it simple:

To Fox.

Epi

Second that. My favorite bit of "Fox Magic" was the snowball event around xmas the previous years, and that is probably not even scratching the patina of all the stuff they've contributed to the server. <3 Ty, Fox!

Jerec

I can only echo the sentiment expressed above.

Thank you for everything, Fox.

SewerGoose

Fox will be missed, I remember my first event on CD being Fox's event with Tiddli and his popcorn. It was the first event I had ever been able to really participate in after a couple months on CD, and it was definitely one of my favorites.

Throg

Arya

Just echoing here Fox will be missed. She did Foxmagic, but she also was happy to setup an awesome final boss fight for a personal questline for me, and she also was willing to give me a little time on a project while I tried to get caught up on other things.  It was also appreciated to feel represented among the admin team as LGBTQIA+ and femme.

I also remember she called me sweet within a few weeks of knowing of me and I just did not think I deserved that. I remember these things, though. While there were times I certainly worried what being an admin on CD would have done, because I have seen how it has been painful on people in the past (a general statement and not specific), I think she has helped the server move forward a few more years than it would have. This is no shade on any existing admins, it is just the reality of the setup.

Personal care takes priority, though, and I respect that. I know I will not be considering picking up staff position (if I were to return) until I have my own energy and mental health accounted for in the process. Thank you again for what you have done for us.

Best,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

SpacePope

Adding onto what the others have said before: Thank you for all you've done Fox, you took on a impressive amount of responsibilities and left an indelible mark on the server. From the backend improvements to the server, to all the bugfixing and additions you've made, to the admin duties you took on, CD's not the same as it was before you joined. It'd be impossible to list all you've done, and on top of that you were always a joy to talk with. The Discord server won't be the same without all the cat gifs and emojis either!

Take care of yourself. Your health and well being comes first.

aceheart

Take care of yourself, Fox. Thanks for all the coding and building presents (and cat gifs). Hope our paths will cross again some day.

aliirielle

Adding to what all has been said already, Fox, you will be missed. Not just for all the wonderful work you have done, or your hilarious quests and FoxMagic, but just you as a person. Wish we'd been able to RP or chat more, take care of yourself Fox <3