Main Menu

In the land of Goat and Fox

Started by Goat, Oct 20, 2015, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goat

Heya hey!

I wanted to give everyone an update of stuff that's going on since there have been a few questions and it's started to affect playtime even more on my end.

First off, to those who have asked where my wife is - the crazy lady that plays Siduri - she's doing good, just stuck between school and work, and I imagine will continue to make sporadic appearances as time allows.  She sends her love to everyone.

Now, onto the more serious stuff.  As many of you know, my wife and I take care of an elderly relative, my grandmother.  Her health has been on a roller coaster ride the last year, beginning with a major heart attack last November that almost took her from us. Luckily she pulled through, though the past few months have been riddled with hospital visits and more calls to 911 than I can count (it's to the point now that the operator is unnerved by how calm I am when I call).  This Thursday she is undergoing an operation to put in a pacemaker that will hopefully correct a great many of her problems and allow her to begin to function normally.  As she needs assistance, which we are expecting a bit more than usual the next few weeks, I'll probably be online less.

With all that going on, I found out last week that my gallbladder is going to be removed sometime in the next month.  I've been in a great deal of pain and just overall don't have much energy to do much until some of these things going on in the next few months start to resolve.  I'll keep yall posted of any major developments and of the day of when I'm getting cutted and gutted!  

All this being said I still plan on helping out staff side and being in game, I love to RP with you guys and it's a great escape, but do forgive me if I suddenly have to disappear, especially in the next month.  Please let me know any time you need me staff side and, of course, any time you want to RP!  Much love to everyone!

Edge

>_<

Best of luck to you and yours, man. We'll be here when you get back.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

theshobit

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers, Goat. : )

Remmy

Good luck Goaty man and all will be well!

Valimar Dragonbane

Sending positive energy your way, man.  You know how to hit either myself or RJ up if you need to rant and/or rave.
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Nevermore

Same here, you take care of life and we will be here. Thoughts, prayers, and positive light all to you and yours at this time.

valiea987

Best of luck! Soon you'll be back to terrorizing towns!

Edit: Ohhh that gives me an idea. The new Immersea needs a goat somewhere.

Fire Wraith

Hope things are going better for you soon!
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

FaeFae

Goat, you are a <3. Best wishes!

Not Batman

I've been in your shoes, mate, know it sucks hard. Make sure to take all the time you need, and you can always call on the community here for help and cheers!

onivel

It was great to see you IG last night. Sorry to hear about all the RL issues. I understand the gallbladder stuff. My wife was diagnosed with a gallbladder issue when she was pregnant with our first born. She had to wait for 9 months before she could get it taken care of due to the pregnancy. (Ironically we found out she was pregnant because they had to give her a test before they could put her on a certain medication to treat it until she could have surgery.) I can certainly sympathize with all the pain and discomfort you must be going through having watched it with her. Take care of yourself and pass our love on to your wonderful wifey Fox. We'll see you when you can.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Goat

So a round of good news this morning:

Grandmother's surgery was a partial success, she gets to come home today!  And I got a host of calls from my own doctors, my ultrasound is moved up to tomorrow morning and my surgery consult is next Thursday!  I really wanna say thank you to everyone for the well wishes and for the bit of RP I've managed to sneak in the last few hours while I've taken up residence on the couch being pitiful.  It's really made my day and reminded me why this community is awesome, both in game, and out of it! <3

valiea987

That's great news! Glad to hear it!

Valimar Dragonbane

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Nevermore

I am so so glad that things are going so well. Its has been great to get to meet Razden and make a good and great friend with him. You had been greatly missed. Thoughts and prayers still going up for you, your grandma, and the lovely Foxwife. Thank you for being the kind, supportive, empathic person you are. Always a joy to get to chat and RP!