Main Menu

How to Check Actual Skill Level?

Started by Ogre Time Yay, Dec 28, 2017, 01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ogre Time Yay

So I've been wondering how to do this for the longest time, and the only way I discovered how to do this so far is by waiting until your character is ready to level up, going through the level up process, and just stopping on the skills menu to take note of the numbers. With one of my characters being level 25, that option isn't so easy to do anymore. Is there a way to check my characters actual skill levels without equipment and race bonuses?

Lastly, rearranging skill levels, does it require a full re-level, or no?

Thanks in advance.

Embra

I could be wrong, but I think when you first log in and select the character before entering the game you can look next to the portrait and see your base skills. It would br sort of looking in game, but I do not think the gear and stats are added.

// edit: Just checked and the above works.

Ogre Time Yay

Embra Avatar
I could be wrong, but I think when you first log in and select the character before entering the game you can look next to the portrait and see your base skills. It would br sort of looking in game, but I do not think the gear and stats are added.

// edit: Just checked and the above works.
I'll try it out, thanks. I was actually expecting the eventual solution to be something along the lines of - "Get naked! Do math!"

Misty

Another option is to export your character and check in a leveling module with the CDhaks loaded up. That way you don't have to wait tell you level IG.
Of course you should fight with fire. You should fight everything with fire.
---
There's too many they consumed everything

ladybug

Rearranging skills does require a relevel, but only down as many levels as you need to adjust. If you transposed a few on your last level, you'd only need to go down one and back up; if you goofed at lvl 3, then you'd need to drop down fully. Assigning them at lvl 1 before getting into the module is full rebuild territory.
SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

Vincent07

Checking skills:  Do math.

Unequip all items, so they aren't a factor.

Look at displayed number, then subtract the appropriate stat modifier.

If for some reason you don't want to item strip. (ie: wizard)  Then just add up any skill mods on gear and sub those too.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Edge

Also don't forget to subtract racial and feat bonuses.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda