Main Menu

Moments of Sporadic Awayness

Started by FaeFae, Jun 05, 2016, 01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorien

Congratulations! :)

We will all be here, waiting for you!

sinisteromnibus

Congratulations, Fae! It's good that you're prioritizing your rest, and I hope all goes well. Do we know yet if it's a boy or girl and have you thought of names?

modronlove

modronlove

When I had my kid, we delayed on the name so long the running joke in my family was that she probably wouldn't have a name until she was 16.

Arya

FaeFae Avatar
Thank you! It is a female WIP. We're still very indecisive on the name. Uhh... we called our dog "Puppy" for the first 6 months. We're awesome with names like that.  :D

When I had my kid, we delayed on the name so long the running joke in my family was that she probably wouldn't have a name until she was 16.

Hey, in some real world cultures (not my own to my knowledge, just in general), they come up with a nickname and then decide on the real name later. It really is not that unusual of an idea!

Sincerely,
Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

modronlove

Well, at the time we kinda did that.  It was apparently the standard at the time (or possibly just the doctors standards) to compare the developing fetus to a fruit.  Your baby is now the size of an orange, your baby is now the size of a grapefruit etc etc.  We started referring to her by whatever fruit size she was at the time.  "Hey honey, how's the cantaloupe today?"

modronlove

Take care of yourself and the cauliflower!  The home stretch can be rough.

Valimar Dragonbane

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

FaeFae

Thank you very much. Your words have put a smile on my face!

Arya

:-( Thoughts and prayers your way.

If things get too hectic for you, please do not hesitate to let some of us know and we will support you while you get some rest!

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Valimar Dragonbane

I hope you feel better soon!  And definitely don't hesitate to lean on us if you need a shoulder!
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen