Main Menu

Post a Picture of Yourself!

Started by Dark Dreams, Feb 13, 2014, 04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awwww!  He's a cutie.  What breed?

Nokteronoth

I missed answering you, Sorn! I'm sorry. We're not sure. He's either an American Shepherd, a Canadian Shepherd, or a White German Shepherd. They're all really similar dogs.

He followed my dad home one day a few months before dad passed. Was just out for a walk and the dog just..followed him home. And on the next day he walked. On the third one, dad let him inside and he just stayed here ever since. So sort of a rescue. Poor boy was rail thin, covered in burrs, slashed paw. But he's -so- sweet, just scared shitless of everyone. He literally hides under an end table if I have company over.

~BR

Nokteronoth

More dog! This little border collie is Dakota. Another reason why I go quiet while playing. (The couch is..dirty, I know, but this was while the vacuum was broken.)

~BR

Vincent07

So I went to see Nightwish, Delain and Sabaton.  Sadly my phone camera didn't focus properly.
But it was awesome!

"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Arya

And there was an event after the concert.

Also known as...goofing off.

The story goes that she held up the unspeakable sign...

...The Sign of the Horns.

Then seeing a victim, she compelled him to do the unspeakable...

Persuaded him, even.

And then she focused...focused...

Suddenly, the poor sap was tempted to show the Horns!

They were having so much fun before the camera! 

For a fleeting moment, the evil witch showed her true colours...

Then the facade faded, no one noticing behind the sweet smile.

All was well after the concert, and the good times continued...

...Only for the camera to have done it, and incur the sass of them both!

The camera deigned to act up, which meant only one thing to happen...

Sometimes, drastic circumstances require extreme measures.

The End.

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Edge

Vincent07 Avatar
So I went to see Nightwish, Delain and Sabaton.  Sadly my phone camera didn't focus properly.
But it was awesome!

SO MUCH ENVY. Three of my favorite bands of all time.

Also you two are nuts =P
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Arya

Thought you knew this about us, Edge. :P The joke's on you, my dear friend. 

But yeah, the real context: proud of the fact I was dressed up after almost two years of not dressing up, I was trying to do selfies on his camera and completely failed. <.< I was frustrated at how my camera was being nicer on me but had no batteries.  So I gave his phone back and we did the duo pics that you see now.

~Arya

Funny fact:  my satirical story aside (no pun intended), the Sign of the Horns was traditionally a sign to ward off evil influences (or rather, 'the evil eye').  In Indian mudras, it has been in depictions of Siddhartha Gautama (Buddha), and was the mudra used to expulse evil demons from within. Even Ronnie James Dio, who started the trend in heavy metal circles said it was meant as protection from the evil eye (while folks thought it was -the- evil eye).  
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Edge

An observation of a fact does not in and of itself imply a lack of previous knowledge of said fact. =P
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.

onivel

Me and my "little" brothers. Me on the left.. Jonathan in the center and Chris on the right...
My poor brothers.. I got the brains and the looks.. and the hair..

" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Deleted

Just a few pics from this past weekend...

Kamon, CC, and me

One big happy family...
Left to right... CC, Kamon, Edge, Me, my brother, mom, and dad

Uncle Edge and CC... napping during the commencement speech.  ;)

And my favorite from this past weekend, me and my dad.  He was a math teacher too.

onivel

Awesome family... congrats Bella!
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

jangles

Since I'm new, I thought this would be a good way to help to get to know you wonderful people!!

This is my cat. :P

And this is one I took yesterday, so it's the most recent.

Nevermore

So I've been request to put up my furbabies so here we go!

This is Nikolai _ Our adopted Russian Blue. *Deep voiced male with slavic accent*, "In Soviet Russia you don't Interrupt my nap for picture time"

This is Ash_Our baby we've had since a kitten. Here is is dming! "You fail your listen checks, and suddenly a Colossal House Cat appears. Roll Initiative"

Edge

It's pets time? Okay.

Eclaire likes sleeping in weird places.

Leliana is a ball of fluff desperately in need of a haircut.

Nevermore

OH! Such beautiful sweeties!