Main Menu

A friend's parting

Started by onivel, Apr 06, 2016, 03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onivel

Sorry for the absence all. Things have been busy in RL with work and family events. I know there are a few threads and PMs for me to answer, and I will get to those soon.

-----------------------------------------
In addition to the usual RL issues. there was one very emotional one, the passing of a very close friend.

Her name was Amy though to us she was "Munch". A name she earned due to her voice sounding like the Monchhichi cartoon characters. She was my wife's best friend and close to me as well. My wife Mary and her meet the first day of college, they pledged and were sorority sisters together (where they got their names, Munch and Grace). They were an inseparable pair. I mean this. When Mary and I got married, Amy moved in with us ! (well not right away... 6 months later though. )

She lived with us for several years. She traveled to Hawaii with us. She was a live in nanny for my eldest daughter for 5 years. When we bought our first home, Amy and I christened it with its first sword fight in the front yard the day we moved in. I loved her like a little sister. 

She had surgery for pancreatic cancer about a month ago. She was on the mend and back at home recovering. Easter Sunday, her family found her passed out and unresponsive. She had suffered a stroke. She was helicoptered to the hospital where over the next three days she underwent 4 surgeries as the doctors chased blood clots in a vain attempt to keep her alive. Despite their efforts, she passed away on Friday. Monday we gathered back in Ohio to say our farewells to her. She was only 40 years old. Far too young for the bright light that was her to be extinguished.

We will miss you greatly Munch.

Until we see you again,

Grace and Lucky

" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Arya

:-( I am sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you and yours can find peace despite the given circumstances, and I am sending good energies your way.

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Darvins

Likewise I am really sorry to hear about your loss, and hope you, your family and your friends family will get through this.

Goat

So sorry for your loss, much love to you and yours, my friend! <3

Ogre Time Yay

Sorry to hear about that, man,
hoping for the best for you and your folks. :(

Ryoko Honda

I am so very sorry onivel. I hope you find peace soon. Thank you for all that you do for us here in CD. You are appreciated.

destinysdesire

My condolences for your friend. Take all the time you need!
Loss of empathy might well be the most enduring and deep-cutting scar of all, the silent blade of an unseen emey, tearing at our hearts and stealing more than our strength- Drizzt Do'Urden

Valimar Dragonbane

You have my sincerest thoughts on this, Oni.  If you want to talk at all, I'm here.
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

trylobyte

Sorry to hear about this, Oni.  You have my condolences.  Take whatever time you need, and we'll all be here for you if you need us.

onivel

Thank you all for the thoughts and words.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Deleted

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

carp6

We are praying for your family and the other families that are involved, my condolences bud.