Main Menu

Request for Feat Advice

Started by misfit, Jan 19, 2015, 04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nokteronoth

I had mostly meant that as a cleric. If you're having a lot of trouble with some big baddy, you'd usually cast Divine Favor, Divine Power. That's 2 rounds of casting, for 1 round/level buff and one 10 round buff. (1 turn). If you add Divine Shield and Might onto that, you're adding another 1/2 rounds to your cast time, which can take off a fifth of the total time fighting if unhasted. Not to mention by then, your allies might have already offed the big baddy. All situation-based, but it's something to think about when you're looking at short duration buffs.

I'd go with blind fight or Toughness in this case. Combat casting or practiced spellcaster if you're wanting to focus more on your spells than fighting potential. Extend if you don't have it yet.

~BR

Edge

I know what you meant. My recommendations don't change. Granted it's fairly irrelevant regardless.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Garage Trashcan

Divine Might and Divine Shield were changed to be 10 rounds + Cha Mod rounds, if I recall correctly.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

misfit

Didn't realize it would get so lively here. Thanks for the discussion! Plenty of food for thought.