Main Menu

The story of the graveyard outside of the Sunite Temple

Started by lurkerabove, Aug 23, 2017, 12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkerabove

So, myself and LaceAndLeather have Sunites want to conspire on beautifying the temple and its grounds in Arabel, and we both have unanswered questions regarding the ruins with crosses (???) just outside of the temple.

The best scattered knowledge we've been able to gather, is that it was the former site of the temple? And that some conflict arose there? Sadly, there's absolutely -nothing in the landmarks on the site of the ruin that actually detail or tell the story of what happened, and we'd like to change that.

So, with that in mind, can the powers that be, and maybe also the player populace who was there for the events as they happened, account details of the story behind the garden, ruins and grave markers? It would be appreciated!

Edge

Its been a looooooong time... I'm not sure how many people from back then are still around. I vaguely recall that the old temple was burned down by some villain.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Eredruie

Yeah there used to be a big(ish) temple there that I remember from when I first played here way back (2008). Not sure what happened to it, but I think for a while there was no Sunite temple at all in Arabel (2010 or 12?) and then when I came back this year I saw there was a new one in another building.

That's not very helpful I guess :)

Arya

Basically the story was, in summary:

1. Original Sunite temple was destroyed in that spot. It was done by Shadovar when Cormyr was at war with them still.

2. The spot is now a memorial for those who lost their lives in the attack.

Beyond that, I do not know all the names who were involved. Or who NPC wise lost their lives. Admins: perhaps we could make up a few NPC names and then when others post in this thread, put together more names? I imagine a few were involved. An idea, I suppose, if there is no objections. 

We do probably need to do more to add landmarks that tell the history of the CD continuity of things. I remember we used to have a statue dedicated to the newly Saint Algon, who was originally a player-character who martyred himself in a magic to keep a meteor from hitting Suzail. Because the character was gone permanently and a player request, we took the liberty to have the PC 'sainted' in the church of Ilmater, since he could not play the character anymore. If I had more time on my hands I would take this project on for adding landmarks and historical notes to uncover on the server. I know many have been wondering what has happened since we deviated from the timeline after 1372 DR.

Best,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Edge

Such a collection of info has been attempted many times over the years, usually abandoned within a month or so, if it ever actually gets started to begin with. I personally think making a server-focused wiki is the best way to do it, but no one who's proposed such has ever actually made one, much less gotten anything done with it.

I think that's the main problem: lots of people want something like this done, but no one has actually taken the initiative and put forth the effort of actually DOING it. (Yes that includes me. I just don't have the time or the memory to start a project like that.)

Feel free to try, but I can't guarantee you'll be able to find all the info you're looking for.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

carp6

If my memory serves me right....DMpandora had run a plot line that involved some street thugs in the slums / gangs.....that were working for the Shadovar and some how it all ended up with the burning of the Temple.  As far as characters that were involved I had my dwarf Norak Anvilsmasher he was involved, one of Dismus's PCs was involved I think it would of been Koli his dwarf, and one of Marleneangel's PC was involved I think it was his paladin Asheley (Spelled wrong) and there were a couple of others but I can't remember.  

I can't remember the full detail of how the whole story played out but I do know that there was like 4 to 6 quests that lead up to the burning down of the temple.  As far as npcs that died I am not sure can't fully remember that was such along time ago XD.  

Sorry for being so vague but my memory isn't what it use to be XD.

lurkerabove

Any information helps. And it's my intent to flesh out the ruined garden as a better memorial if possible.

So yeah, if anyone is still around who had a character that was sacrificed in the event, and/or knows of NPCs who perished in it, just throw in and I'll compile.

Goat

It was Unholy who did the actual burning of the temple, if memory serves, but it was part of one of our overarcing server wide plots and it was involved directly on an attack in Arabel.  The Sunite temple was the target (for various reasons) and the crosses are there to represent the NPCs that lost their lives in the conflict.  After several real world months the current temple was constructed where it is present day.  I know that two of my characters were around during that time, but the details are vague at best.  

Basically, there was an explosion at the temple that happened suddenly and there was some loss of NPC life.  It was either Orcs or Shadovar or some combination thereof.