Main Menu

Feat Suggestion. (Monkey Grip) [Not Possible]

Started by kriegeternal, Apr 26, 2022, 05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kriegeternal

3.5e feat for using large weapons such as greatswords, great axes and the like as melee weapons. Thematically speaking there are quite a few large characters on the server who would look great and seem far more imposing if they were wielding a towershield and a twohanded weapon in 1 hand instead of two. Not to mention it would add further customization for the martial classes. Me and a few of my group would love to see this and i feel like a few others would probably enjoy it. Not sure how easy it will be to implement. I know that NWN 2 made use of this feat but i don't know if they used the same engine for the game.

Monkey Grip

( Complete Warrior, p. 103)

[General]

You are able to use a larger weapon than other people your size.

Prerequisite

Base attack bonus +1,

Required for

Wield Oversized Weapon (CW) ,

Benefit

You can use melee weapons one size category larger than you are with a -2 penalty on the attack roll, but the amount of effort it takes you to use the weapon does not change. For instance, a Large longsword (a one-handed weapon for a Large creature) is considered a two-handed weapon for a Medium creature that does not have this feat. For a Medium creature that has this feat, it is still considered a one-handed weapon. You can wield a larger light weapon as a light weapon, or a larger two-handed weapon in two hands. You cannot wield a larger weapon in your off hand, and you cannot use this feat with a double weapon.

Normal

You can use a melee weapon one size category larger than you are with a -2 penalty on the attack roll, and the amount of effort it takes to use the weapon increases. A larger light weapon is considered a one-handed weapon, a larger one-handed weapon is considered a two-handed weapon, and you cannot use a larger two-handed weapon at all.

Fox²

Unfortunately Monkey Grip is not possible to implement in NWN1.
Retired.

kriegeternal

Fox² Avatar
Big sad. but understandable. 

DubiousScroll

Fox² Avatar

I remember when NWN2 came out one of the things most of us were most excited for was Monkey Grip...

Then NWN2 was terrible.

Good times.

Fox²

DubiousScroll Avatar
Fox² Avatar
I remember when NWN2 came out one of the things most of us were most excited for was Monkey Grip...

Then NWN2 was terrible.

Good times.

The first NWN2 build I made was a monkey grip greatsworder, heh. :D
Retired.

DubiousScroll

Fox² Avatar
DubiousScroll Avatar

Then NWN2 was terrible.

Good times.
Me too!  xD  It was such an exciting time.

Every now and then I'll try to revisit NWN just for the SP stuff and even with that, I just can't.  Game is so strange.

Jazzmyra

DubiousScroll Avatar
Fox² Avatar

Every now and then I'll try to revisit NWN just for the SP stuff and even with that, I just can't.  Game is so strange.
Pff. Boring. Dual-Wielding Scythes. :P

Nymera

Jazzmyra Avatar
DubiousScroll Avatar

Dream even bigger!

Dual-weild two-bladed swords!   :D

kriegeternal

Nymera Avatar
Jazzmyra Avatar
Dream even bigger!

Dual-weild two-bladed swords!   :D
Feat specifically states this is not possible otherwise it would be hysterical to turn into a blade tornado