Main Menu

Dragon*Con!

Started by ClockworkMayhem, Aug 27, 2014, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClockworkMayhem

Hey, everyone!

We've been having a great time since we came back to the server with all my crazy new job upheaval crap. Today and tomorrow, I'll be in online training for the new job I finally decided to accept (got two offers and ended up rejecting the work from home one for obvious reasons - I'd get fired for playing NWN all day). We'll be online in the evenings both days, but Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and at least in the morning on Monday, SinisterOmnibus and I be...

AT DRAGON*CON!

It's gonna be a blast. I've been waiting all year since the last one, and it's finally, finally here!

We'll miss you all, and we'll hurry back!

Valimar Dragonbane

Ooooh, luck you!
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

ClockworkMayhem

Yeeeeah. <3 We try to go every year!

sinisteromnibus

Anyone else going? If so maybe we can meet up and hang out.

Atomic Twinkie

ClockworkMayhem

That's right. I'm hiding you in my suitcase.

sinisteromnibus

Back from Dragon*Con and it was awesome. Got 2 hugs and an exclusive interview from Kamui Cosplay and did cool stuff! Yeah.

Arya

Bwhahaha. Nice!  Welcome back!

~Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

ClockworkMayhem

Yeah, well, Yaya Han hugged me, so you can quit bragging.

Garage Trashcan

ClockworkMayhem Avatar
Yeah, well, Yaya Han hugged me, so you can quit bragging.
How did her boobs not suffocate you?
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

ClockworkMayhem

Her head only comes up to mine, so...you should probably ask her that question.

Fire Wraith

One of these days I want to go again.  Unfortunately, not this year - just closer by Cons. :)
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Edge

I moved to Georgia the beginning of this month, I'm hoping I'll be able to hit up Dragon*Con next year or maybe the year after that. Finances permitting. Also willingness to brave Atlanta traffic.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

ClockworkMayhem

Buy your ticket now while they're still less than $100. :P I believe they're currently $75. Last year, buying this year's tickets at the Con was only $60, but it's gone up. Also, if you're not opposed to volunteering, you do 16 to 20 hours of work over 5 or so days (you can volunteer a couple of days before the Con when they need it), working in four hour shifts, and you get in for $20 the first year you volunteer. Every year after that in which you volunteer, you get in free. It's not a bad deal.

Edge

Maybe if I lived in Atlanta I'd consider it, but it's a good two-hour drive there from where I live =) That and I'll already be working at my normal job those previous days, meaning driving down would take two hours after work, I'd maybe be there for an hour or two, then have to drive back if I want to get to sleep at a decent hour. Not much of a volunteer there =)

I will only be there for the weekend days, or possibly even just Saturday, if/when I go. Finding the purchase for a full four-day ticket is fairly easy, but finding them by individual days seems to be more difficult, if they sell them at all.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda