Main Menu

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

Started by Not Batman, Jan 24, 2017, 07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not Batman

I picked it up. It released. Who is excited? Who is ready to be terrified?

modronlove

I'm planning on getting it today, but most likely won't be able to try it out until Friday.

Not Batman

modronlove Avatar
I'm planning on getting it today, but most likely won't be able to try it out until Friday.
I am about half way through it. It's completely amazing. RESIDENT EVIL IS BACK!

Garage Trashcan

Listen, if I can't punch a boulder to make it move, it's not a RE game. /s
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Not Batman

Garage Trashcan Avatar
Listen, if I can't punch a boulder to make it move, it's not a RE game. /s

modronlove

I'm glad to hear it's good.  I mean I didn't even have a problem with 5 really but 6, I HATED that one so much I couldn't even be bothered to finish it.

Not Batman

modronlove Avatar
I'm glad to hear it's good.  I mean I didn't even have a problem with 5 really but 6, I HATED that one so much I couldn't even be bothered to finish it.
It pretty much takes the best elements of 1, 3, Veronica, 4 and Revelations 2 and adds a bit of 'Outlast' and 'I have no mouth but I must scream' (Probably one of the most disturbing horror stories ever written). I just finished it and it's a solid 9.5/10. Only criticism I really have is the lack of enemy variety, but really that doesn't matter all that much given that the enemies are still disturbing, challenging and well utilized. The game becomes a bit of an emotional roller coaster at the end, which is a big change for Resident Evil.