Main Menu

Sinister's Out of Commission

Started by ClockworkMayhem, Jul 06, 2015, 05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClockworkMayhem

At least for a little bit.

I was clumsy and knocked over my glass of water, which toppled and spilled all over his open-air case. We don't know yet if it's fried the motherboard, but we're trying to dry out the case and parts and hoping that it will work when it's all dried.

A new computer is unfortunately beyond us right now, so if you're waiting for events from Sinister, you have my deepest apologies. He may get on my computer and run events for people and I can sit them out - we'll see how that goes.

Please cross your fingers for us. Maybe it'll still work...but we won't know for awhile.

valiea987

Aww, dang. That's bad to hear... :( I'm sorry to hear it! I hope it dries out well and everything is fine.

ClockworkMayhem

It looks like the motherboard might be done for. We don't know. If it is...it's a good $700 to replace it that we just don't have.

I'll keep everyone updated.

Nokteronoth

Don't know if you've heard of it, but a lot of people recommend either getting a bunch of those silica(spelling?) packets, or a bit of rice/baking soda and putting them in an enclosed space so that the materials involved can soak up any moisture. Haven't tried myself, you might want to check it up/research online.

~BR

Wittle Dreamer

Oh goodness... I hope it will all be fine. I still have an old PC around but I do not know if I can remove the motherboard on it and give it to you then.

ClockworkMayhem

It's dried out, but the motherboard's going to need replacing.

I'll have him run events when he can on my computer...but we won't both be on at the same time for a long time, more than likely. Sorry, everyone.

Atomic Twinkie

Sorry to hear that happened =/

Hope you guys can get it sorted out v.v might be able to help you out at some point soonish...

ClockworkMayhem

I hope so, too, man. We'll have to wait and see.

ClockworkMayhem

Okay. Maybe the motherboard won't need replacing. Seems to be working, now. There are still a few issues, but the system at least works. Holding my breath and only drinking water in the kitchen from now on. >_<

Arya

Crossing fingers for further progress!

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow