Main Menu

Non UMD Character items.

Started by kriegeternal, Jun 27, 2022, 08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kriegeternal

So i am sure i am not the only one that exists that does not run a UMD character. Resulting in the inability to use certain really important buffs which can strain party comp. As a result i wanted to suggest some new trinket items that would help ease the burden.

1. Sharpening Stone: Provides Keen somewhere between level 5-10. perhaps 5 uses per item.
2. Lead Lining: Provides Lesser mind blank Level 5-10. 5 uses per item. 
3. Elemental Oils: Provides Elemental weapon between level 5-10. 5 uses per item.

These are just off the top of my head. I feel like the most important is keen as not every weapon has it and its a huge part of pve. While the others could potentially allow casters to prep other spells i don't think they are quite as important. (Not familiar with all the cleric and druid spells so i am not going to comment on which of those it'd be awesome to have.) 

Terallis

Thing is that not all character builds are meant to be capable of doing everything. If you feel need to access scrolls or certain items, you can generally make your build for it. If you don't want UMD, then you have greater focus in other areas. Further on that is that the server isn't built for soloing either, and is meant to have others that can fill areas you aren't great with. In cases like that, it's best to bring along a Mage or someone with UMD that can do so. If too many things are opened up beyond their class, it starts to also devalue those sorts of character archetypes.
Eirik Hjartoreldr
Ulrik Dawnfall
Alaric

SpacePope

I'd add that you'll probably end up with magic trinkets allowing you to cast some of those as time goes on and you participate in quests. They make for a nice reward. I know I always chose weapons which already had keen on before I got one, and while it prevented me from using some, there were still plenty to choose from.

Vincent07

We specifically don't have all key buffs etc available without UMD, as it then heavily devalues investment in that skill, or otherwise taking class levels that would allow scroll/item use.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel